Thread: osh iits

Default osh iits

Is what Yasin said when he dropped his cheese in the supermarket today!!
    I hope no-one who was nearby speaks toddler - I need to clean up my language.
    Now that Yasin is having a langauge explosion I'm hearing how I speak and sound.

motherduck Guest

OOPS ....My DD #2 can say some embarassing things.

PMSL, sorry Chloe. I had to come and read this thread to see what the title meant. Reading it toddler style I sure do get it.

Could have been worse hun. Much worse.

then she said very loudly, 'BOOoo BEEee!'
    That's just hilarious - what else can you do but laugh?

Oh dear - he said it about three times this morning and when I saw that I was running late and started to say it he finished up for me. Today is his childcare day. I don't know how I'm going to look the childcare women in the eye. They all seem so nice and non-sweary.

HAHA Chloe, Just say OMG who else here swear's. He must have picked it up today, I have NEVER heard him swear before. LOL.

hehehe good luck with trying to stop it being repeated. I'm counting the days until Osc repeats something really naughty - everything is plonkee this plonkee that (....plonkee car, plonkee truck, plonkee man....(hence my username) since i told him his father was a plonker and that was about 2 months ago.

Julie x

my youngest really favoured this word. it was his third word after mum and daddy... i just gave him no reaction to the word but i would say immediately 'oopsy'. after about a week (sooo long when he says it often and clear!) he started to replace it with oopsy..

Lily used to say sh*t perfectly, oops. So when she said it we started saying sheep. So now she just says sheep instead.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been trying to say oh dear and oops after he says it but he hasn't caught on yet.
    I'm trying to stop being such a swearypants myself but it might take a while to change my habits (and DHs). I've also banned DH from putting people who swear on speaker phone - he'll just have to live with cancer on his ears lol.