Thread: Overseas travel with newborn

Default Overseas travel with newborn

DH's grandma is quite sick in Singapore, and it looks like they won't make it out here for bubby's arrival (which is a shame, coz they missed our wedding too), but we've told her not to worry, coz we're happy to bring bubby over to her.

But it's occurred to me.. (and I will eventually ask the drs) do I need to worry about shots etc for bubby travelling to somewhere like Singapore? I'm hoping I"ll be breastfeeding, so there won't be too much concern regarding ingesting water or dodgy foods (except for me of course... but I was ok last time we were there).

Thought I'd better check it all out before making any promises to grandparents. But I wanted to give her something to look forward to, so we kinda did say we'd try and go over there with bubby.

Any experience / advice would be appreciated.

I took Maddison to bali with me when she was about 9 wks old, she was formula fed, she did not get ill at all, we stayed in the village & I bought a kettle as they boiled pots of water on gas stove, but I prefered to use the kettle.
    As she was so young there were no probs with picking things up & popping them in her mouth etc, she got plenty of nappy free time too..
    Honestly it was so easy, we had no problems with anything at all, we stayed 3 wks!

Bubby needs a passport, but they are too young for shots...
    pack..Plenty of suncream & insect repellant...

Thanks Barley1, if you managed it in Bali with the famous Bali belly, I'm sure we'll be fine in Singapore. I did think he'd be too young for the shots, which is why I was concerned about taking him. I will still have a chat to the dr about it at some stage.