Thread: Peeling Skin

jojozep Guest

Default Peeling Skin

My little bubba (one week old) has just started peeling, until now her little hands and feet were a bit dry, but yesterday she started peeling all over her tummy and back as well as under her neck, her hands and feet - any ideas on what to put on it??

Is it just dry skin peeling off? Its hard to say being that she's so young. Maybe try some oil (something edible & be careful with nut oils, test on a small area of skin for allergies) in her bath water.

Sorbolene cream was suggested to me for Milo's skin, but he was 2-3 months old.

You could always ask you health nurse, or ring the maternal child health 24 hour number.

Tallon's skin went quite dry and peely, then his face got really oily & pimply.. now it's cleared up, and his hands and feet aren't as dry. Maybe it's just their skin getting used to the outside world?

I've ordered some natural bath products to use, as I think the other baby shampoos etc were drying his skin out, and just plain water baths don't seem to clean him. His hair stayed looking dirty... it fluffs up nicely when I use shampoo

I used Aloe vera oil/cream from chemist after a bath, a nice massage with the cream & then popped her growsuit on to stop it from rubbing off & within a few days it had cleared up... It's just from getting used to all the stuff in our air around us!!!

Maddy's hands and feet in particular peeled so badly. Then I noticed her back and her face as well. I just rubbed it with a vegetable based oil and tried to keep it moisturised. It eventually went away.

Sometimes that can happen to babies who are a little bit late in arriving because they generally have no vernix left on them to protect their skin IYKWIM? I just used a good quality infant moisturiser on Erin, and like Tracey said, just put a long suit on them to stop it drying out a little.

Both of my boys peeled. It was especially bad around their wrists and ankles. I had a friend reccomend only using sorbolene as she had the same thing with her little one. No baby wash at all in the bath just massage in the sorbolene all over before the bath and rub it off in the water.

My bub was 11 weeks prem and shed an entire layer of skin. She still has very dry skin but you wouln't know it - I bath her in Alpha Keri and then cream her up with urederm. It works a treat!