Thread: Pimples around mouth

Jennifer Guest

Default Pimples around mouth

Hi

My 5 1/2 month old has little pimples, some are around her mouth and look very red. Is this a reaction to something or is it just baby acne?? She does have other little pimples, on her head/face, but the really red ones are near her mouth. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jenna just had a little breakout, and when I took her to the MCHn for her checkup, apparently its a classic teething sign. I hadn't realised that!

SO maybe some teeth popping through? If she is dribbling a little more than normal sometimes that can cause a bit of a rash on the chin. If it doesn't get better, and starts to look sore, best to go to the dr as it could be an allergy to something.
    Have you started her on solids yet? Maybe cut those out for a few days to see if it calms down.

Jennifer Guest

Thanks...

She is dribbling a little more, and she is on solids. I am only giving her vegetables, farex and apple or pear. She didnt have them before so maybe it is her teeth...

I will keep an eye on them, thanks for your reply

if it is caused by dribbling you may want to try putting pawpaw ointment around her mouth as a barrier i use this for T as he gets a nasty rash if he dribbles or gets a runny nose.

DS gets this too when he is teething or dribbling alot...Paw Paw cream is great!!!