Thread: Pimples on baby

Default Pimples on baby

Just curious if it's normal for a month old baby to have a face full of pimples? The poor girl hasn't even gone through puberty & she's already breaking out in pimples!

Yes, its most likely very normal, as long as they are aren't pus-y.

Milo was covered in milk pimples, which got progressivly worse until about 8-9weeks old when the cleared up.

I counted them once, and there were over 150 just on his face!

Your child health nurse should be able to confirm that thats all they are.

Yep, Tallon had pimples all over his little cheeks and forehead for a little while. Very normal, and they do go away and they get that lovely baby skin back

Both my girls had them, Tilly was worse. I discarded all photos during that time!! Coco's lasted longer though, maybe a month all up!

It's called milia and you will probably see it on and off for about the first 6 - 8 weeks, although from memory I think Pup had various spots for a bit longer than that.

DON'T squeeze them (no matter how tempting)! They go away within a matter of days of their own accord.

Occasionally babys can develop acne (I believe it is known as baby acne) and this can stay with the bub until they are about 2 when it also clears up of it's own accord. But I think it normally appears after the 3 month mark.

You're going to see HEAPS of dots, marks, pimples, rashes etc.... be comforted to know that they are all mostly normal and don't have any ill affect on bubby. But obviously go see your GP if anything looks REALLY out of place or doesn't clear up in a few days.

Alexander is convered in them at the moment too - looks terrible... sooo tempting to squeeze them, but I've been good and left them alone!