Thread: pimples on a newborn !?

Default pimples on a newborn !?

Hi All ,

Did anyones newborn get pimples?? Sounds unusual I know , but my little princess is completely covered in little pimples on her face... her cheeks , forehead , even her little chin

Yep, my DD got this. Sometimes it's called a milk rash. It will disappear in a couple of weeks. Lily's went away when she was about 6 weeks old.

Matilda had it too and I spoke with the MCHN about it at her 10 day check up & like Tegan said it was called milk rash & due to all the hormones I was pumping out in my milk. I didn't do anything for it & it went away in a few weeks.

Kell Guest

Molly had milk rash and i was told to put some breast milk on her face after each feed and (when i remembered )it actually seemed to clear it up a little - but it will just go away too...

yup... not unusual at all Tallon had a pimply face for a little while there. It clears up fairly quickly and they have that lovely baby soft skin again

Jodie259 Guest

This is normal...
    My MCH nurse also said that heated rooms would agrevate it. And we keep our house fairly warm!

As a beauty therapist myself... the heat theory would make sense as the skin would be 'sweating'... and the skin reacts with little pimples.

thanks for that girls. Its re-assuring to know that there's nothing wrong. I actually bottle feed, I thought the milk rash usually came up on breast fed babies faces ? ? ?
    When your babies had these " pimples " was there quite a lot of them?? Aneta has heaps :-/

Yeah.. his cheeks and forehead were pretty busy with pimples! I didn't think it was from the breastmilk, I thought it was their own hormones sorting themselves out, especially soon after being born, they have a rush of hormones from the birth etc to deal with. *shrug* I guess all we need to know is the pimples are normal and they go away!

Enigma - even though a lot of babies get it from the hormones in breast milk they can have them from the hormones still in their systems after birth. They don't stick around for too long usually. The photos don't look as good though!