Thread: Pimply rash

Kazzy Guest

Default Pimply rash

My newborn has a pimply rash all over her face - she is four weeks old. They are red with little white centres. Is this normal for a newborn? Any suggestions as to how I can ease them?

I think that is fairly normal for newborns Kazzy. Its due to the hormonal changes in their bodies after birth... I can't for the life of me remember the technical name for them atm, but my mum always called them milk pimples/spots, LOL.
    They should go away on their own I think... but just check with your MCHN or GP next time you see them, just to confirm thats what it is.

Melinda Guest

Yes, they are totally normal. Jacob had these two - he looked like he had a big acne outbreak LOL!!

I remember the CHN telling me that it is a hormonal withdrawal thing - they are no longer getting all the hormones from you, so it is common for this to happen in newborns.

Both of mine had this rash too.

Kazzy Guest

Thanks Everyone,
    any suggestions as to where I can purchase the book - The Wonder Weeks?

Melinda Guest

I'm not sure Kazzy.........I'll ask Kelly and see if she knows.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Try Seek Books Kazzy - it's the cheapest place I find books anywhere. They are an affiliate of BellyBelly - HERE is the link. Just do a title search and you'll find it there.

It's a brilliant book - Pinky thinks it's spot on too. It's an essential for mums
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Matthew had the hormonal rash for weeks, if it gets a bit dry looking put some Papaw onitment on.

Yep a hormonal rash & the best to put on it is Sorbolene with 10% glycerine, after bath.

Yes DD had this up until she was about 5 months old, on her cheeks.

Same here as well.

Dylan has it at the moment - appeared 2 days ago. It actually looks kind of cute, like little freckles! O

Also - I just found heaps of cheap new copies of The Wonder Weeks on the US ebay site (none on the Aust site) - I just ordered one for under $11 US including postage! Make sure you check the inernational postage costs though as some of them are very high...

Emma has them atm too, i have been told it is totally normal & just leave it alone. i have also noticed that on really hot days, the side of her face that touches the sheet sometimes gets more just from the heat.