Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please help! re:wind

Hope it works Danni

I have actually found with Brauers that we have only ever given Zander the two initial doses & not need anymore after that. This has been for the teething, colic & calm ones....

A friend of mine told me she did a similar thing, Sarah, and then only give doses when actually needed. I've since taken up that practice and it works well for us, too The stuff is not cheap, so if you give it as advised you are surely lining someone's pocket!

When he had the problem (wind or whatever) I would give him one dose, then in 1/2 an hour if he was still not ok I'd give him the 2nd dose. Sometimes it was one & others it was 2, but he's always been right after the 2nd. If he needed more I would have given it to him, but it just seemed to work very quickly.

Wow Danni, I feel like I have time-warped. I have been offline a lot lately with moving and internet problems and I totally missed that you already had your little man. Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful.

I really hope you got a good night's sleep and the wind settles down. If you are still having difficulty, some other things I left out of my diet for a few weeks as they seemed to cause problems are onions and garlic. Also, are you feeding EBM all the time? Maybe you could try different bottles also?

Best of luck hun, it really does get easier!

I use avent bottles.

I wasnt going to wake him for the half hour dose so I just put 1 mil in each of his bottles (every 3 hours). He seems much better but he still wont sleep

LOL Caro, I wish!! Sorry I should have re-worded to say that each time he needed it, it would only take 2 doses to work.

Hi Danni!

I'm having plenty of those issues with Dylan - especially today! Was just going to mention that sometimes I find that he has some wind that takes time to come up and then ends up overtired and thats why he won't sleep...I had him screaming this morning and put him in the baby carrier and he went straight to sleep....sometimes it starts off a wind issue and ends up being a sleep issue iykwim??

i hear ya kris! If only you lived closer we could sit here being awake together

He isnt upset at all. He has just been laying here awake all day. I really need to work out my HAB

LOL!

What about a walk in the pram??

I live on top of a MASSIVE hill so thats a no go. He is quiet right now...fingers crossed he falls asleep

mooshie Guest

danni

if he doesn't like being flat can you raise his basinet or cot (where he is sleeping) a bit, so he is on a bit of an incline kwim. if he is in a basinet you could get a towel and fold it and put underneath the mattress to raise it.

hope it gets better for you, i think the main thing is to try and get as much wind up as you can, cause of course if you keep feeding him to comfort him, then it is only going to build up more of a problem.

good luck, try and get out for a walk with him if you can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12