Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please!!just ONE more hour...Yawn!!

Fire Fly Guest

Default Please!!just ONE more hour...Yawn!!

What is going on with DS, im sure he thinks the clocks have turned already.
    He used to get up at 8am, gee thats a distant memory . Now he is up at 6 O'CLOCK. Sometimes earlier. Its been 5.30 once.
    Little bugger is up and ready to start the day. Gee wish i was. Have to admit it is nice that time of the morning. The bummer thing is he wakes his big sister who does not take kindly to getting out of bed before 8, Lol, gets that from her mother.

Is there something in the air or what?, im stuffed by 8pm.

My DS has been waking up an hour earlier too! I think the sun is coming up earlier now! I have been thinking of putting heavy dark curtains up in his bedroom to keep the light out in the mornings....He needs his sleep...so does Mummy he he he he

I'm hearing you! My three get up anytime from 6am onwards now. I think it is because it is light so early ATM - I am eagerly awaiting daylight savings LOL.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Ohhhh - if only I could sleep till 6am!!! My two have been taking it in turns to wake from 4.30am onwards and sometimes they will go back to sleep and sometimes they won't! Even so our day definately starts by 5.50am when DH gets up for work. DS 1 won't stay in bed any longer.... *sigh*

Kerrie do you wanna swap?? LOL!

Yep our average morning has been starting at 5am over the past 2 weeks, from our 7am wake ups. Unfortunately she crashes at 10am!!

Kimberley is awake sometimes as early as 5am but most days we can get to 6am. I'm used to it now and the good thing is she's in bed by 7:30pm. Most days also Alex is awake around 6-6:30am and in bed by 6pm.

I've tried to change what time they go to bed but they still wake at the same time each morning.

I am soooo spoilt. Me and the girls got up at 8:50am this morning, although i did have to get up at 6am for a b/f. But she went straight back down. I would be a cranky ole woman if they got up before 8am these days.....
    isnt daylight savings soon ? WHere clocks go back......or is it forward????mmmm

PS I put a couple of books on DD beside table, just b4 i duck off to sleep at night. If by any chance she does wake up early (early in our household is 7am!!), she will lie in bed and read her books.......i leave her a sippy cup of water too.

Jackson is getting up these days at 5.45. No idea why, 15 minutes later would make so much of a difference, would just feel more human if the little hand was past 6!!!

Tehya has taken to getting up at 5.30 am every morning too. It's killing me, then of course she wakes Noah up, so the house is running around well and truely around 6.30 am. Giving me the [email protected], I am so damn tired. Its school holidays here and I don't need to get anyone ready in the morn. If only she'd sleep.

When you find a solution let me know too please

LOL Trish...

We have block out curtains for Matilda & its actually really dark in her room. Its the damn birds that start up for her. I've started putting a blanket over her and that seems to get her to settle down more the last 2 days... so putting it down to being really warm overnight & then getting cool just before the sun rises.

Fire Fly Guest

Oh Man it IS something in the air, i was just kidding when i said that, Lol.
    mbear, 8.50am. Gee your lucky, although i think id have a heavy head after getting up that late. 7.30/8 would suit me just fine.
    Fletch, im not sure if it is since the two new windows have been put in now that you mention light. I cover up the one with a fitted sheet, lol, cause the sun comes in through there a bit but not overly. Still there is definately more light comeing in of a morning now than what there was. Ive been in darkness for 6 yrs, im not keen to cover them up just yet.

Bring on daylight savings

My little man is up at 6am every day. I have made a deal with DH that he can tend to him when he wakes up that early. i atleast then get to sleep in till 7 when DH goes to work! At the moment i can sit him infront of the TV in his rocker and its fine but when he starts crawling i think i'll have to be getting up and at it by then!

Fire Fly Guest

Lol Jacci, i to have made that arrangement with DH as he to leaves at 7 so there is like an hour to slowly get myself composed enough to get out of bed. Well he actually asked me if thats what he want him to do. Suits me. Be fine if DS wasnt so vocal in the morning though and wakes his sister. Little bugger, im sure he knows. He looks proud as punch when he hears her stir.
    Last edited by Fire Fly; October 6th, 2006 at 05:19 PM.

Hehehe - Charlie does that he lies on his change table every mornignwhen DH is changing his nappy and he chts away to himself - I can't help but lie in bed and smile at it.
    I was PMSL at your TTC#3 sssshh don't tell DH - hehehehehe sounds so much like something i would do!

Same in our house, Miss M would always wake up between 7-7.30 but the last few weeks it has been 6-6.30 - bring on daylight savings! The birds are up early chirpping away which is what stirs her and then the daylight - even though her curtains are blocked!

Fire Fly Guest

There little monkeys arent they. Maybe our kids are trying to tell us to get up and smell the fresh air. 'come out and see the beautiful world at this time of mornin, its great' Lol. What do you think.

I think so and it stinks!! LOL Living in QLD we don't have daylight savings, so our days will continue to be early ones...

I think I might actually get a blanket or something heavy to throw over my curtains to stop the early morning sun come in. Bad enough during the week, but on the weekend. Come On !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast