Thread: Poos in the bath

Wink Poos in the bath

OK, so DS has taken a sudden liking to pooing in the bath.

He absolutely adores his baths. As soon as I start the bath up he will come commando crawling from any part of the house (usually a lot of effort involved) and wait by the bath until I pick him up to take his clothes off. Just loves, loves, loves them.

Recently he has taken a liking to doing a poo in the bath. Thankfully it has always been at the end of the bath, so I can pull him out when I can see he's thinking about it. I do not know what it is about the bath that is triggering the need to do it, but anytime he'd like to stop he is welcome.

He has only just started it in the last two weeks and doesn't do it every night. He has ALWAYS weed in the bath, but I feel like weeing when I put my hands in warm dishwater, so I understand and sympathise with that feeling.

He does about 2 a day on average and had already done both today, so I wasn't expecting to see another "Mr Hanky" again today.

It's kind of funny. I'm able to take it quite well and have the stomach for it. The real test will come when DH is giving him a bath and he does it......... drama, drama, drama.

Does anyone else have this problem, or is Daniel totally strange?

Jenstar Guest

Don't you just love poos in the bath? Once we took video footage of our girls playing in the bath only to realise later there were 2 logs floating around in the bath water with them.

DD started doing this a few months ago every bath without fail then about 3 weeks ago it just stopped.

It sounds like the bath totally relaxes him! I'm sure there are lots of other bubs that do it, so don't worry!! He'll probably grow out of it eventually.

Kids do the strangest things sometimes

At least they aren't falling apart once they hit the warm water. Cheers for that, DS. I had to shower him down afterwards, which he hated. But it did stop him doing bath-poos, he now clears out pre-bath, ideally during naked play when he can stomp it into the floor.

Rosehip, I think I prefer the bath ones. They float and you can just scoop them out. Stomping in to the floor doesn't sound too attractive.

Trish, I thought it was the relaxation factor. Kind of the reason people take a book to the dunny with 'em.

It is funny what they do isn't it. We had our first ever poo in the bath the other day. Darcy was sick and probably couldn't help it (it was the kind that don't float in one piece), but man she got sooo distressed, I don't think she'll ever get that relaxed and repeat the behaviour lol.

I was videotaping my girls in the bath a few months back and spotted a floaty..I was laughing so hard..Dh had a cackle when he got home from work and watched it..
    I remember my niece did one yrs ago in my bath and it was sticky as all hell and I was heaving so bad...bit different when it's not your kid..

he he he... Jacob has done it a couple of times.... quiet funny when they see it and have that look of "WHAT THE" on their little faces
    I have to tell a dirty secret in that when he did it the first time I got him out and dressed him ect ect and forgot about it till about an hour or so later.... so when I went to let the water out it was well and truely broken up and it just went down the plug hole no worries!! he he he... So next time he did it I did the same thing!!!!....... I washed the bath with disinfectant afterwards of course

All my kids did that at some point, wait until he learns to take his own nappy off. My DD3 had a nasty habbit of taking her nappy off everywhere including in the cot and then proceeding to smear poo all over the cot and sheets now that was fun to clean up!

Why dont you start with a potty now if he is being really reliable with the pooing then. You can just keep it next to the bath and plonk him on if he looks like he is going to. He is already naked after all.

We get DS to go to the toilet before he gets in the bath. I have noticed that since he balances on his haunches when he gets in the bath there have been a couple of times he has asked to get out to do a poo which Ithink comes from sitting like that. He has only done a poo in the bath twice, thank goodness.

What is the fascination for them looking at it, in the nappy,in the potty, in the toilet?????? It is sooo gross.

Mollygirl, boys don't grow out of it. In his Uni photo albums, DH has pictures of "great" poos. That's just wrong.

I don't mind scoop-out-able poos, just the flakey ones that disintegrate on contact... yuck! Solid ones, even trodden on, are OK as we have a wooden floor, not carpet, so it's simple enough to clean up.

Allgirls, DS loves to remove his nappy too, he wears a bodysuit under his clothes now as he hasn't sussed out how to take that off yet, the poppers are underneath the crotch.