Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Potting mix bacteria - weird question

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Firetop mountain
    Posts
    39

    Default Potting mix bacteria - weird question

    Hello all! My little 1yo ate a handful of potting mix today. Does anyone know if this is really bad? It's old mix - she decided to redecorate my planter pot. Someone told me the bacteria is very nasty & can cause serious illness. Anyone have any idea about this?

    TIA


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    Posts
    14,222

    Default

    There is a bacteria that can be found in potting mixes, but not sure ofh te name of it. Usually it is harmful when aspirated (inhaled), but sometimes people are sensitive from touching it. Has she shown any signs that is has upset her at all? Did she swallow any at all? If you are worried, keep and eye on her and maybe take her to your GP and ask his advice about it - or even ring the hospital.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •