Thread: pregant with toddler with hand foot mouth disease

kylie+jayden Guest

Default pregant with toddler with hand foot mouth disease

we have just found out my 16mth old has hand foot mouth disease which i have been told is common in infants espscially since he goes to day care but im wondering if it would have an effect on me im 17 weeks pregnant from what ive been told it should be fine but if any one could give me some advice it would be great
    thanks

I think as long as you use good hygein (sp) Hand washing etc then you should be fine. I worked in a babies room at a child care centre while preg with ds and had no effect on pg or my ds. It is a very common illness in babies and toddlers. Also be aware that the virus lives in their bodies and infects their poos for about 3 months even when all other signs/symptoms are gone.

hth

katanya Guest

hand foot mouth disease
    what is this and how does it affect them?

kylie+jayden Guest

i had never heard of hand foot mouth disease they get little ulcers in mouth blister like looking on hands and feet jayden seems to have mild case with 1 or 2 ulcers in mouth 1 or 2 on hands but about a dozen on his feet he wasnt well the week before they came out really sookie i mean REALLY sookie the worst he has been in the last 16mths had a fever and didnt eat for 3 days was drinking plenty i mean this may also have been cause he was breaking a molar in between getting sick i guess. it hasnt been fun i was told the day care he goes to has had one case of it so far so jayden is the second one and that its common in daycare's and its just a childhood illness kids can get quite a shock for me

Just want to add that once the child has had it they are more susseptable(sp) in getting it again. It is linked to the herpes virus and I have had I child in day care with it that got mouth herpies when her immun was down. The drs said it was due to her having a bad case of hand foot.. earlier. They can be off food, temp, and very misserable b4 and during the illness. Other ch get mild dose and barely show and signs. Very very common in day care centres and highly contageous for the littlies as they mouth everything/toys. One of the ways it is passed on.

katanya Guest

oochies sounds paiful..hope it heals quickly!

Just wandering how it is all going? Is your little man better?

kylie+jayden Guest

hi rose thanks for your concern he is doing alot better he is actually gone hypo on me lol i just got a clearence for school yesterday got to school today a notice said there has been a case of chicken pox's #-o great what's next hopefully he will be lucky
    thanks again