Thread: Present ideas for a 1 year old

Default Present ideas for a 1 year old

My nephew is turning 1 next week and just wondered if anyone had any good gifts ideas.

umm depends what he has heaps of...

Books
    Toy
    Clothes...

Umm
    DVD or video?

I have said to ppl.. just to put 5 bucks or something into Alexas bank account... she has heaps of everything & doesnt need anything....

HTH

Books, books, books! -and other educational toys!

I'm big on toys that entertain and teach/stimulate. Some colourful and durable books will always be welcome and you can find something on anyone's budget.

mrmoo Guest

Is he walking? If no, then a type of walking trolley or something that he can push to practice his walking with could be good.

Clam sandpits if he dosnt already have one. Swing, blocks, stacking cups, kitchen toys, books, ride on bikes, ohhh there are so many choices!

Jo

My neice is one this weekend and has so many toys and books, so Im getting some cute pants for winter. Figured they can get used again, handed down etc so why not.
    I also love baby einstein dvd's etc. Think they're great for kids.
    xoxo

I would go for books, Educational toys, push/ride on car. Im getting an activity table for my littl one, one that he can stand with and play with the activities that are on it.

Sooper dooper bath toys! They have some good educational ones, like floating dolphins that when you push them under the water, the air compression makes them honk, they have eight for a complete musical scale.

anything that can be stacked, unstacked, stacked, unstacked........we had a set of cups and I would be rich if I had $1 for everytime we played that game.

My dd just turned 1. I got her some books and winter clothes (she has so many toys). My sister got her a really pretty pink dinner (plastic of course) set. Its so cute with a matching spoon and fork, and a little cup. Something she will use every day....

Aidyn got a push-along lawn mower for his first birthday, and its something he has enjoyed for ages - is still using it now and is nearly 3!

Otherwise I think books are always fantastic... you can never have too many books!

Craft items - you can get big blank scrap book pads from the $2 shops, some paint, crayons & a clear box to put them in. Also a good thing we got for Zander for Christmas was a "splat mat" which he sits on to do his craft.

How about a book shop gift voucher? Zander got one for his birthday & we wondered the book shop for ages until he picked a book he liked.

Blocks or cars?

Another thing Zander got was a little poem thing about his name to hang up in his room.

Ds has just turned one, and for his birthday he got a box of building blocks, heaps of books and a Xylophone (wooden). These were his favourite presents! I agree, you can never have too many books. My tip is, buy the same books that you loved as a child (if you can remember!). I bought Ben heaps of classics (Where's spot?, Dear Zoo, There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, etc...). It makes reading them much more fun!

Any Mem Fox books are brilliant- "Where is the green sheep" "Time for bed" are beautiful for all ages and help foster a love of books (OMG I even sound like a teacher on weekends LOL) Blocks are great, clothes are helpful for the parents budget too.