thread: Private swimming lessons for 3 year old - where to find in Melbourne?

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

Private swimming lessons for 3 year old - where to find in Melbourne?

DD used to go to swimming lessons and as a baby I was told she was one of the most relaxed babies they had ever seen in the water. She got bored of the water familiarization sessions, I was pregnant we stopped going to lessons. We do going swimming as a family fairly regularly but she is not gaining any more skills and has gone backward if anything and lost confidence. I would like her to go to lessons again, lots of her friends go and love it and I would like it if she was less clingy in the water to me so can pay DS more attention (he happily floats around). The problem is we are going to UK for 6 weeks over Term 3 so that makes most programs very expensive as we would miss so many sessions, plus the swim school we used to go to doesn't do any sessions on a Friday which is only week day can go, and the weekend ones were all midday which just too awkward a time to fit in. I would love for DD to have some private lessons before we go to the UK (so then I am not wasting money on ones can't go to) as I don't really want to wait till Term 4 starts.

Any recommendations/suggestions - we are in Camberwell but don't mind driving a little way - I love swimming and would love for DD to get into it a bit more (she loves going but is lacking in confidence - I think she would respond well to a teacher).

(I have heard of programs running an intensive week long thing in the first week of the holidays and one swim school suggested doing that prior to Term 4 but we will still be in England that first week between Term 3 and Term 4)

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

Where I work does private lessons but we're about 30 mins from you, pm me if you want more details

Aug 2005
    Melbourne, Victoria

You have to go to swim4all (google it) - it is just near chaddy, it is for special needs & regular kids.

Best teachers ever as they are trained to teach so well based on their clientele. DS has been in privates since the beginning of this year, and DD was in a group.

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

Thanks for the replies - Olive have sent you a PM - and Yael I will check out the link you mention.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber. Love a friend xxx

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

We go where Olive works and DD LOVES it. Would never consider going anywhere else now. The teachers have been brilliant and DD has gone from being fearful and hesitant to confidently leaping in, head under, searching for things at the bottom of the pool and moving through the water well. Swimming lessons are the highlight of her week and I'm just amazed by the progress she has made.

It is a bit of a hike for you guys, I know. You could alway come to us for lunch and a play after your lesson!