Thread: Prune Juice for Constipation?

Default Prune Juice for Constipation?

I've given Lucie sugar water a few times for constipation (which she had really badly yesterday 8-[ ), but to be honest, I am not overly keen giving her sugar. I have read a couple of times about giving diluted prune juice. What age can you give this to them? And can you just buy prune juice and dilute it? If so, what ratio of prune juice to water and how much should I give her? Thanks!

mooshie Guest

soph

on the few occassions lani got constipated i gave her the heinz prune juice (its mixed with another fruit i think) it is in a little jar a bit like the baby food jars, from memory i mixed it with cooled boiled water. i also remember buying some prunes and just putting them in water and boiled it then gave her the juice from that.

hth

Pietta Guest

Hello,

I just gave Ryley that prune juice straight out of the jar like michelle was saying. It worked a treat

Soph if you buy regular prune juice it's diluted 1 part juice to 5 parts cooled boiled water.

H Wheatie
    It' safe to give your baby diluted prune juice at 2 months old.
    I would start by diluting 1 part prune juice to 5 parts cooled boiled water. If you do not have any sucess then try 1 part prune juice and 3 parts water

Alan (Midwife)

Thanks everyone. I gave her a bit yesterday afternoon - very filuted though - only about 5ml in 90ml of water (I only let her drink about 20ml). She loved it but I think it may have upset her tummy a little bit?