Thread: PUTTING PANADOL IN THERE FOOD?

Default PUTTING PANADOL IN THERE FOOD?

is it ok to put panadol in babies food,i cant get any panadol or any other brand of pain releiver into chantelle she hates it so today before her immunisation i mixed it with her lunch instead.she had fruit cereal and i heated it and then added 30 mls of pain releif according to the chart,do you think it will still be effective? i think in future this is going to be the only way i am going to be able to get it into her
    nikki

mooshie Guest

nicole

not sure on that one, however when my ds had bronchitis the medicine he was given he would throw up so the doc said okay to put in cordial or juice etc.

my dd also hates panadol and generally if i give it to her she gags or throws up, i mentioned it to the chemist and he said that the taste was actually quite disgusting and i purhcased another pain reliver called dymadol it has exactly the same ingrediants as panadol but is a much nicer flavour and lani tolerates this alot better

hth

i'm not sure Nicole but certainly on the older kids bottles of panadol where the quantities seem a lot higher than for baby panadol there is something written on the side of the box indicating it can be mixed with water or juice to get kids to take it.

Have also found that DS preferred the baby panadol over the older kids version and the homebrand versions over the panadol brand version.

Just a quick question but was 30ml a typo???

oops,yes it was i meant to say 3ml,god i think she would have some pretty serious complications if i had given that much to her,sorry girls,didnt mean to scare you,i need bed......
    nikki

I have heard that fluid is ok but I am not sure about food. I don't think it should make any difference but maybe ask the Chemist. You would also have to ensure the ate/drank all the food/drink so you knew they had gotten the whole dose. Thanks for clarifying the dose too. I thought 30ml was a bit much for 6mth old.

I think it would be fine to mix it in her food, since the bottles say you can mix it with fluid if you want to. Hope the immunisation went okay!

I put it in juice for Paige because she wont take it otherwise, but when I was a kid, mum would mix it in strawberry jam on a spoon for me and I'd lick it off.

It should be fine to put panadol in food and drink, we do it all the time at work. My only advice would be to put it in a drink just because it's easier to give a smaller quantity and know that bub has had the whole dose.

hi daves bubby,i see you are a nurse too,me too!!!!
    nikki

Hey Nikki

You can actually call me Kylie (hee hee - I feel silly when I read Davesbubby! )

I work at a children's hosp in brisbane and love it! What about you?