Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about nappies

Default Question about nappies

Hi everyone!

Sorry, I know there was a thread the other day about nappies - but I have a question.

I've been using Huggies on my 4 week old son, and I thought I would give Babylove a go and the first time I used it today, he pooped through the top of them!!

Am I putting them on wrong, or is that what they are normally like??

Has anyone else had this problem? I like the way they are not so bulky compared to Huggies, but it looks like I may have to go back to them if this is the way they are! Also, he has occasionally peed up the top of Huggies, can anyone recommend any kind of nappies for my little boy?

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

I also found this problem with babylove nappies. Huggies are brilliant, but a little on the expensive side. I've since switched to Snugglies (is that right? lol). Jovi only wears them usually when we go out (cloth at home) and they seem to be working really well. You can usually buy like 70 for $20 (and for some strange reason they seem to be cheaper at the supermarket rather than at BigW or KMart ... weird when usually they are cheaper for things).

I am not sure where you are but do you have an Aldi near you?? Their Mamia nappies are absolutely fantastic and I think they are better than Huggies, Snugglers, Babylove etc and really well priced!!. I get 50 for $15.99 but thats for my 9 month old, so I am sure you will get alot more newborn sized ones for the same price. If you have a store near you, check it out. They are great!!

I use Snugglers or Baby;love thru the day, then Woolworths Select at night as they go much further up the back so they won't leak over the top. HTH!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

With your son peeing out the top of huggies do you make sure you point his bit down? If his bit isn't down then this can definitely happen, if you do that already then I'm not too sure what to suggest, we have only ever used huggies but have heard a few of the girls rave about the Mamia nappies from Aldi that Mummabear mentioned.

I have found that every nappy other than Huggies leaks with Lily. Which is a shame because they are rather expensive which is why #2 is having cloth!

Hi there,

The one thing I've noticed every time this question comes up is that different babies seem to suit different nappies. I have no problem with either Huggies, BabyLove or the Aldi ones but I know plenty of people who can only use one brand because the others don't fit their baby properly or the nappy doesn't hold the soiling. It seems to be a bit of trial and error sometimes, finding a brand that suits.

I don't know where you are located but if you can find a bulk nappy stockist near you, maybe ask if they have some samples you can try. I asked for samples once from a place like that and it was very helpful. At least you'll know without having to buy a whole packet of something that might or might not suit.

Good luck! And yes, Aldi are very wonderful and very CHEAP!

Mel

Debbie Lee Guest

I have to agree. I really like the Mamia nappies - and I think they are as good as huggies in so far as absorbtion and wear. We tried baby love and snugglers and they didn't cut the mustard at all.
    We're in cloth now tho (since Gab was 12 months).

Huggies are the only ones Milo can have for night time, and lately he has been filling those to bursting point.
    He weighs about 10kg (I'm guessing - he hasn't been weighed for a while) and he is in the toddler 10-15kg huggies -- they barely fit - I have to try really hard to get them to go around him, and he's not a chubby baby really.

I'm not sure what to do - he has baby love in the day time which are fine, but not for night time, as I can guarantee he will split one and be saturated in the morning when he wakes up.

Wow, I haven't had any dramas with leakage - I've only used huggies though. Sounds like trying out a few different brands is the way to go.

Tegan - I agree Huggies are expensive - I won't be putting bub in tum in them until Louis is toilet trained - I refuse to buy two lots! The new bub will be in cloth.

Has anyone tried the new huggies - the deisgn and feel has changed - I have not used them yet, but the girls from my mums' group reckon that they absorbancy is different.

I gave Babylove a go last week and Nina leaked through them all. I use Huggies and find them fantastic. I really like the new design, I find them a better fit and more absorbent.

I have the opposite situation with my son who is 2.5yrs. He leaks through Huggies at night but is fine with babylove. We do have to back them up with an incontinence pad though and it seems to work most of the time. I found that Huggies are alot smaller than babylove in the Junior size...?

Yeah - I thought they'd packaged the next size up by accident!! They seem to be higher at the front and back!

HI,
    RayRay I've been using the new huggies on my son, They seem to last longer and the design is good, they have pooh bear design all over them.
    I tried babylove once, never again. They gave DS really bad nappy rash, They are overloaded with crystals.

Cloth is the way to go... No leakages... I dont know wbout huggies or babylove..

But a few months backj I was in NQR & grabbed a pack of nappies for $1.99 (disposbales) for JIC & we used them coz they were there & no prob at all... But I just prefer my cloth they are gentler on bubs skin & no leaks!

Rayray - I'd try the Wooltworths Select for nights if I were you - Dylan fills his sooo much overnight as he's down for 11 hours, and they are the only ones that will hold it all! They hold more than the Huggies and don't have the crystal problem at all.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Very interesting how everyone has different experiences!

I continued using Babylove and so far no leakage again (back or front) but now I've noticed that the nappies have leaked those cyrstal jelly things over my little mans bottom! That surely can't be good for him?!

Has anyone else had this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast