Thread: A question of poo.....

Debbie Lee Guest

Default A question of poo.....

Ok... I have just about had enough of poo! Just about every one of Gabby's nappies are pooey these days (and it's usually going up her back... ewww!).
    Is this too much poo or is it part and parcel of having a baby on solids?
    She doesn't eat anything too extravagant - she'll have a serve of fruit, a serve of veges (sometimes with meat), some yogurt, baby cereal and a biscuit every 2 days or so. She's still on 4 formula bottles a day.
    Any idea why she is pooing so much? It doesn't seem to bother her but it's driving me batty!!

Sorry Deb, I have no idea?? But I can synpathise that it's driving you mad. Hope someone has some good advice for you soon....

I have to say we're in the same boat. Lately Lily has been doing about 4-5 pooey nappies a day. Although this didn't start when she was on solids(4mths) But maybe it is because she is on heavier solids? She eats stuff like bread and sausages and biscuits and stuff like that so i dunno. Maybe it is coz of the solids. Sorry im not much help!

I have this with stacey some days. Not when she started on solids though, I think mainly once she had started to get teeth. Maybe it could be the teeth.

Sorry I'm not much help, but hope someone has the solution.

Cheers

I used to call Angus "The Poo Machine" for obvious reasons. Almost every nappy change there would be poo greeting me lol!

He's still pretty much one a day, sometimes I get more than one...

Deb - I think it is a solids thing, I have days on end when Mtthew will poo in every single nappy then I might go a day with only one or two pooey nappies but this is few and far between at the moment.

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks guys... just good to know it's pretty normal!

Debbie Lee Guest

Ok... I have bumped this topic up because I am, once again, faced with poo... but it's 1000 times worse!

Gabby had 10 pooey nappies today! Just as I would change her, she'd do another turd! Her poor little bum is red-raw and it looks so sore (she has been sooking and crying all day).
    She has been pulling at her ears and rubbing her mouth so I think it may be teeth but.... arrrgh! So sick of the poo.

I tried to give her nappy-off time to air her bum (and kept a keen eye out for more poo), and I had a few huggies nappies left (normally I use the Mamia brand from Aldi) because I thought they might help a bit.

Any idea what else I can do? Do you think I should take her to the doctor?

oh the poor little munchkin.
    Have you introduced anything new into her diet - maybe if you have you can cut it out.
    Also try washing her bum with plain water rather than wipes - it will irritate her skin less.
    IMO a trip to the Dr can't hurt and they might be able to find a solution.

Melinda Guest

Yep, it could be teeth. Poor little sausage. Can you see if her gums are a bit hard or swollen in places or can you see any bumps or even white bits just beneath the surface?

As Dach said, it could also be something new added to her diet, or she may have a little bug if she's been grizzly too (although this could just be due to the sore bottie!). I think it's a great idea to just use water and maybe cotton wool or something similar instead of wipes so that it's easier on her skin.

If you think it is teething, then you could try giving her a cold teething ring to chew on (mind you, Jacob loathed them being cold - he preferred them room temperature....go figure?!), or something cold/icy solids-wise that she can gnaw on, or just finger foods that she can chew on and work those gums into, or perhaps a sipper cup with really cold water from the fridge (even with some ice in it to keep it really cold). You could also try some bonjela on her gums or perhaps a bit of panadol. I'm also fairly certain that there are herbal/natural products available at some chemists for teething relief (perhaps the Brauer's brand?).

When in doubt though, the Doctor's is always a good idea!

Poor little tiger, I hope she feels better soon!

Sounds like teeth to me.
    Jenna is a regualar 1-3 poos a day girl. Always seems to be during nappy off time too.
    Tonight she was sitting my my feet with her nappy off while I was knitting - I didn't notice she had pooed on the floor, rubbed her fingers in it, and just as I saw her she put a big clump of poo in her mouth!!!

EWWWWWWWW!! Total gag stuff

Fi

Melinda Guest

PMSL! Jacob once munched a nugget LOL 8-[

I thought it was a piece of dirt and tried to get it out of his mouth!!! Ewww And then I noticed he had another little one in his hand......must have been trying to save it for later!!!

Still not really sure how it happened actually, but obviously he snaffled a couple of nuggets whilst I was changing his nappy and had turned my head to grab a wipe or something?! I guess I should be thankful it was a 'nugget nappy' rather than a mushy nappy?!?!

Blake's going through a multi-poo couple of days too. Actually, multi-poo is too vague... it's a total poo, all the time no matter what couple of days.

Teeth seem to be fine, health seems to be fine, food - fairly standard. Perhaps it's cause he's drinking both boob and water lots more? Who knows, but I too will be glad when it's over! LOL

Debbie Lee Guest

Ewwwwww! Nuggets, LOL

Oh dear miss Jenna! That's not for munching on! LOL... Gab's had a taste of poo before too... icky!

Thanks guys...

She is in bed now... I gave her some panadol. I'm saving the bonjela for if she wakes during the night.

Melinda - she has got a couple of teeth coming through. She has her next two top teeth pushing through and I can see the next bottom teeth making their ascent. Not pleasant. She's been dribbling like a fiend!

She's knawed on a couple of biscuits today. She's hopeless with the sippy cup but, yeah, have been offering cold water from the fridge all day.
    I have been using a cold face washer (it would have cost me a fortune in wipes today!).

Hopefully it will all look better tomorrow.... we've managed to escape major nappy rash until now so I guess I am pretty lucky. This darn heat doesn't help either!

I dont think it would have been so bad if had been a nugget..... She's had mushy yet chunky poos for a little while now. GROSS!!
    Shannon - apparenlty my parents called my brother Poozer Bill when he was a baby.
    Good news its teeth deb - saves the worry huh?

Debbie Lee Guest

Yep... it does help knowing it's teeth, Fi.

She's much better today. She actually woke with no pooey nappy this morning! Of course, she pooed as soon as I changed her nappy tho!! Grrr! Her bum is less red too. Still, I've banned the wipes for the next couple of days and will try to air her bot-bot out a fair bit. Lucky it's great weather for it!

Thanks everyone for your reassurance. Had a crappy (literally!) day yesterday.... once again, BB has saved my sanity!