Thread: Questions about sudocream on clothes and carpet!

Default Questions about sudocream on clothes and carpet!

My very adventurous (almost 20mth old) DD, got into her bathroom cupboard this morning and got hold of the sudocreme. When i went into the lounge room, there were cotton ear buds and toilet paper everywhere. But worst of all she had smeared sudocreme on the rug, toys, her lounge, venetions, dvd cabinets and wall

It came off the non fabric surfaces with no problem, but I am having trouble with getting it out of the rug and her clothes. I have tried hot water and detergent on the rug, and even though it's a big improvement, it's still there. As for her clothes, I used hot water and washing liquid but it's still there...

Sooooo, have u had an experience like this and how did you remove it?

I will be buying some more locks to go on those cupboards TODAY (I wasn't laughing when i saw the mess she had made)

Thanks

Last edited by Nadine; October 16th, 2007 at 02:23 PM.

BTDT Nadine!! Don't worry, it washed right out of everything. I just sponged the carpet with water and washed the clothes (and linen) as normal. I used cold water BTW.

Oh thanks heaps Melanie. That's very reassuring.

Why do they have to be so adventurous

My DD had a go at this too in her bedroom - worst thing was I was sitting right next to her and didn't realise what she was doing until i smelt the cream!!

If you're having trouble getting it out of carpets/rug try using soda water. It did come out of our carpet eventually.

Oh thankyou Willow. Will do

I had trouble getting the sudo cream out of my clothes, I had to soak them in napisan fisrt before washing

rayray- Yes I have DD's clothes soaking as I type, so hopefully that will help

NER NER Nadine. Kayla is hitting the terrible 2's early

No real solution for you though other than what the other girls have suggested. As sudocream is more an oil based thing I would think hot water would be better for it though.

Oh and hun. The fun is just beginning :P

ROFL

THANKS Trish

paradise lost Guest

Yeah DD does this almost daily. I use baby wipes to get it off fabric. That's what seemed to work best (get it off bums well too )

Bx
    Last edited by paradise lost; March 28th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.