Thread: Quick Question

Default Quick Question

What are your babies (Mines 7months) wearing to Bed? how many blankets? Fan on? Window open? etcetcetc

I don't know what your weather is like but here is what I do. My dd is 8.5 months.
    It's summer now, so I let her sleep in a bodyvest (shortsleeves if warm and longsleeve if the wind is cold. No vest if hot) and a playsuit (no legs), put on two blankets at the most, depending on how warm her skin feels. I will put socks on her if it's really cool, because she tends to kick her feet open at night. I have a window open most nights, but keep the curtians closed. She still sleeps in our room, and DH put a fan on that blows only on him, so there are fair amount for air moving in the room.
    Just feel the back of your bubba's neck, if it's hot and sweaty - take off a blanket, if its cool - you can add a blanket. I usually think about how much blankets I would need and then just add a light blanket extra for her. And dress bubba in something that is comfy. She has pj's with leggings and a fold-over top for really cool nights. But really depends on how I find the weather.
    I once heard someone say that a jacket is a thing a child wears when his mom gets cold So if you are a bit cold, dress ds warmer and visa versa.

jack is wearing summer pj's and a sheet and if a cool night a muslin as well, oh and no fan

Claire just wears an all in one suit. If its a bit cold, I'll put her in her sleeping bag too. Its too cold with the window open, so I leave it closed for night time. She kicks blankets off, so no blankets.

i was told by a midwife what you would be comfortable in plus an extra layer. Its seems to have worked for us

we put Emy in one of those all in one suit things that has long arms and legs with feet, but made out of T-shirt material that the short body suits is made from, with no singlet, and then her blanket is quite a big one, so it is folded over at the moment with the opening towards her, so i can put one layer or two on her, and we keep her window closed and fan off - we only have our window open at night, for some fresh air, and have both doors open.

We tried to put her just in a normal short sleeve/no legs body suit once, but she woke up at 4am and her arm and legs were frozen, so i will stay away from trying that again for a little bit longer!

Um...a pj top and pants tonight, and probably a gazillion blankets, which he's probably out of because I heard him mucking about with his Aquarium light thingy before. He'll cry if he's cold.

Just a note on the 'add a layer more than you're wearing' - my little boy's a hot bod like his dad, and I'm cold like a reptile...unless I'm pregnant and then I get REALLY hot really quick. So, I tend to ask my husband how he's feeling, or just feel Riv and see how warm/cool he is! I'm not really the best indicator for what River should be wearing.

Oh thanks ladies!

I'm the same nelle - cant go off what im wearing because thats long flanelette (sp?) pj's, under a very thick feather doona. and thats for most of the summer - unless im pregnant too lol!