Thread: Quotable Quote

Default Quotable Quote

"Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born" George Bernard Shaw

That is a lovely quote Berry!

Hope your precious little girl is going great guns! I feel so attached to her, I think because we were born with such similar stats, only me 31 years ago! You might think it's weird me saying that, but I really feel that way!!

Give her a special cuddle from me!

Thanks for your lovely reply Kelli,

It truly is amazing, and I hope that when Emily is 31 she will have a lot of pride and curiosity about her early beginnings as a prem.

She is doing fabulously - the only thing keeping her from coming home now is needing to establish all suck feeds - she is still mainly tube-fed EBM, and is practising breastfeeding every day. Other than that, she is just like a full-term newborn. It is so nice that we are now able to give her loads of cuddles as early on handling her was quite restricted.

So glad to hear she is doing so well!!

I think I was in hospital for around 2 months (not sure!) but I was not breastfed - in "those" days, premmies were bottle fed.

I am still amazed to see photos of myself - next to a teddy bear which looks huge, but in reality, it is quite small!!

Do you have a website for her? I would love to see a photo!!

Best wishes

Kelli,

I haven't made a web-site - I have been keeping a diary with photos on the comp and tried to upload it to a website but it was too difficult for me.....

Trying to breastfeed Emily is a real struggle; she is inconsistent in her efforts at it (not surprisingly as it would be confusing with tube feeds interspersed with cup feeds and bottle). She has only tried bottle once (EBM), and it seemed a lot easier for her, so I asked the nurses and paed, why can't she come home earlier on the bottle? They have encouraged me to perservere with breastfeeding........