Thread: Rash?

Default Rash?

Hi Everyone,

I noticed a couple of red spots on my 9 week old today, and not sure if I should be worried about them...

The spots are flat and reddish-pink about 2mm in diameter, and he has 2 on one arm and 2 on his face (not sure if only 4 spots make up a rash? I keep checking to see if any more appear though!). They don't look like scratch marks, so I'm just not sure what they could be.

I've looked up rashes in Baby Love, but nothing sounds like it and he doesn't seem to have any other symptoms. Hé seems happy and is sleeping / eating well.

I would go to the dr if I was really worried, but I don't want to appear a completely hysterical first-time mum IYKWIM!

Thanks for any advice,
    Bertie

Colleen Guest

Hi Bertie,

Its never good when you are unsure what things might be on your bub :-k I was the same! lol They could be alot of things, do they seem to be bothering bub?

If they are bothering you, I would just take him to the doctor, better to be safe than sorry and it will ease your mind....

Jaykob got alot of little rashes when he was younger, some were related to heat, some were milk spots, or just an irritation from things like washing powder, clothing or maybe even a little bite. Jaykob has just had chickenpox and it was the one time I was glad to worry about his spots and double check with the doctor.. but what you described doesnt sound like that so dont stress! lol

Colleen

Lee-Ann Guest

Could be an irritation of some sort, is it dry or just spots. It's amazing the type of rashes babies can get. If it gets worse or your bub seems unhappy or has a temp etc I'd definitely see the Dr asap.

Hi Lee-Ann and Colleen,

Thanks for your replies - William had more spots on his arm this morning, so I took him to the dr to be safe - he wasn't sure but thinks they are either bites (as they are so localised just on his arm) or chickenpox (as they are very regularly spaced out)!! Not sure how he could have got chickenpox so young if that's what it is - I read it's very rare under 6 months... Bubs seems fine though and was very cheerful with the doc, so he can't be feeling too bad whatever they are. Hopefully they will clear up soon!

Thanks,
    Bertie