Thread: Rash on babies face!

Aussie_Chik Guest

Default Rash on babies face!

My baby has developed a rash on his face. it is nowhere else on his body and he doesn't appear sick or have a temperature. Is this from brushing up against my clothes, it seems to have happened recently since the weather has gotten cooler and I have been wearing long sleeves.

Hey,
    Not sure how old he is, but it sounds normal. Violet has also developed a rash that is only on her face, but she 8weeks old (she's had it for a week or so), I think it may be a hormonal thing.

HTH
    Tanya

Our midwife warned us at about 3 weeks that Hannah might get hormone spots - they look pretty awful and get pussy heads but didnt seem to bother her. They lasted for quite a wheile and moved from her head to her upper chest, apparently its something to do with her hormones establishing there own levels after birth (I think).

Hope this helps - if you're worried though get it checked out.

Custardtart Guest

It depends on what sort of rash it is, if it's raised bumps then it's most likely an allergic reaction of some sort, and it also depends on where on his face it is - if it's something specific like bright red patches on the cheeks then it might be slapcheek, although he's a bit young for it.

I know some kids develop blotching on the face from too much fruit, but as you say, it could be irritation from wool fibres or something like that.

Sorry to be so non-specific, but without seeing the rash, it could be anything. Most likely nothing to worry about, though, just a minor irritation.

Kerrie

Ali Guest

It could also be what they call "baby acne" (what an awful name!)

Very common in birth to 3 month olds and is just some of the hormones doing funny things while bub settles in away from mum. It doesn't need any treatment and goes away usually in a few weeks. Both my girls got this just when I wanted to show them off to my family and friends.

Aussie_Chik Guest

Yep, just to let you all know I took him to the clinic and the nurse confirmed it was a hormonal rash. His is on his cheeks mainly, but apparently some babies get it down their necks too and can look quite bad. he has had it for going on 2 weeks now. Just thought I'd let you know for other worried mums out there.