Thread: rash on neck

Default rash on neck

Charlie drools a lot and it always seems to go under his neck. No matter how many times i bath him or wipe his neck it always seems to be wet and smelly and it's leaving a pretty bad rash because of it. Bibs don't work either. How can i stop his neck from being wet all the time?

Could you use some sort of barrier cream so moisture doesn't stay in the folds? That white stuff you got in your bounty bag? Sorry for the brain freeze! I think it starts with S?

Sudocreme - it's a zinc based cream.

or use bepanthem (sp?) as it contains almond oil, a natural anaestetic (sp?? im really bad today!) its a great barrier cream, and will sooth it if its irritating him.

HTH!

Ella had the same problems with her double chin

I used Sudocreme and dusted it with corn starch and it went away in a day!

Ann

I used to use Lansinoh as a barrier on K's chin/neck, cleared up the teething dribble rash really quickly. It doesn't matter if they get it in their mouths or happen to lick a bit off either, which is something I'd be concerned about with some other creams.
    Last edited by Angel; January 28th, 2008 at 02:51 PM.

Archie used to constantly vomit so he always had bibs on and no mtter how often i changed his bib or how often i applied barrier cream he always had a rash, it often got qhite angry looking. now that he is bigger he still dribbles alot and vomits fairly often and sometimes his rash comes back but i don't let it worry me anymore, it didn't seem to worry him too much.

that didn't really help you, but sometimes its nice to know that your not the only one and that it can be quite normal. hope it clears up soon

Kiara had it really bad a month or so ago... I went to the chemist as sudocreme seemed to make it worse, and they gave me daktozin... a form of daktarin, it's anti fungal barrier... Works a treat!

Yep - if babies get moisture trapped alot, they can get thrush under their chin. Its the perfect environment for the bugs to grow!
    Tegan - if its really red with some spots, I'd head off to the pharmacy and get some fungal cream. You dont have to get daktozin - that has zinc oxide in it, and is more meant for nappy areas. Just get normal daktarin or the no-name brand equivalent. About $10 a tube. Hamish has thrush in his nappy area and his mouth at the mo (and I have it on my nipples) so we are doign a big treating session here at the moment. Should clear up in a week, and then you have to keep putting the cream on for another week.

HTH