Thread: Rash under nose

Default Rash under nose

This may be a long shot, but hoping that someone has seen something similar...

Al has developed over the past few weeks a little rash round the under part of his nose. They look like little pimples and come up quite red at times and then go down again (although still there they become less aggressive looking). Oddly there are a few of the same looking pimples near his bum too now.

I've gone through a few scenarios but not come up with a change yet:

* dummy - changed dummies, no change. The rash is sort of above where the dummy reaches anyway.

* tried the Calendula cream I would normally put on nappy rash and it did nothing.

* Al was swimming 3-4 times a week at a pool so we have stopped that for a few weeks now.

* showed the doctor and he looked at it very quickly and dismissed any problem. I was pretty peeved that he didn't give it proper attention actually. His diagnosis was a little excema and to put a very expensive dry skin repair cream on it. Have done so diligently over the past 5 days and not a change. Actually looks like it may be spreading to his chin.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Dribble rash?? Do you find he's quite moist around his dummy? Is he generally moist? I'm finding Jonah's very moist at the moment as he's cutting 2 molars, so he's constantly dribbling and he sometimes gets a little rash around his mouth.

Other than what Bec has said...Has Al started any new or different foods that could affect him? I know some foods can cause rashes around the mouth area...

Also Matilda keeps getting a dry skin rash around her mouth & we discovered it after she eats because we wipe her face with her wipes, so we stopped that and wiped her with a wet washer & put lotion on afterwards...seems to have worked the last few days. Its a bit hard because she is such a grot...but I'd rather the effort than the rash.

Hmm Bec - you could be spot on as the area is usually wet, I think he may have molars coming too. But this kid seems to have been teething since he was 2mths old lol, and the rash is a new thing...wait and see I spose.

Thanks Christy. We tend to wash hands and face in the bathroom after eating, so that should be pretty harmless. Hmmm milk is the most recent new food. I really hope it isn't related to that. Maybe I should try him on formula for a few days and see if there's a change?

I am with Bec too. Especially if on his chin as well, even if the rash is above the dummy, there could still be moisture. Jackson has a shocking rash under the chin at the moment from excessive drooling because of his molars as well, i put dermaveen on it twice a day which doesn't get rid of it, but it takes the real dryness out of it. I think a lot of the time, these things just need a bit of time to clear up

Like the other two have said, try a nappy balm or barrier cream maybe first before changing milk. Milk usually has other side effects especially in the bowels...

that sounds strange ... other then what people have already sugested my son has come up with the strangest rash on the bridge of his nose which started like very tiny pimples i took him to the doctor after a week and still getting worse she picked him up , shone a torch shrugged her shoulders and said " if it was bacterial and it has been that long he would have pussy bits" then she said it was probably his eczema playing up ( though he has never had it on his face before) anyway now his nose has dried up and does look like eczema and he now has the same rash just on his top lip ? sorry i know this hasent answered your Q at all i just wanted to say T had something similar and it hasent seemed to cause any harm

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam koala

* showed the doctor and he looked at it very quickly and dismissed any problem.
    IKWYM.
    DS has been getting Pimple like spots come and go on his legs mainly/nappy area; front and back. Sometimes on his belly and arms. We have seen the best skin spec here, and he says its nothing to worry about. We have tried a heap of different creams etc, and the only natural one that works so far has been paw paw cream. I did use canesten cream once for a few weeks too, and that did seem to help a little.
    Sorry i havent been much help.
    If you find out what it is, let us know! Good luck.

Ally - Thanks for your reply. Its good to know the skin spec thinks its nothing to worry about as well. Easy for them to say though. Thanks for the advice on the paw paw ointment, I have some here luckily and have started using it now instead of the other one I bought which did nothing.

Jess- the doc here ruled out it being bacterial or contagious due to lack of yellow pus too. Has the rash cleared from T's nose now? How long was it there?

Christy - yeps will hold off on cancelling the milk, for now. I am really conscious of his diet and make sure he gets the best fresh organic foods -and everything is homemade. So if he develops a food allergy it would really surprise me. Fingers crossed this turns out to be a normal baby teething thing.

Min - thanks for your post. It seems that not many of the creams out there can really make any difference with these spots. I know what you're saying tho, that in time it will likely just clear up. I just want to make sure I've done everything I can to help him.

Like Ellyboo said, I think Lucas Paw paw ointment would work well. It is an all natural cream, and you can use it for everything! Nappyrash, burns, insect bites, boils, chaffing, cuts, splinters, open wounds... the list is endless. I never not have any in my house!

Just saw your post, another good option (apart form the paw paw cream which we also use) if you think it may be a dribble rash of some sort is to put Vasoline on it. Mackenzien had this problem when she was about 1 and the Dr advised me to use Vasoline a few times a day as a barrier and it helped.

yeah the rash has gone on his nose well it has changed to being dry and flaky and it is slowly doing the same on his top lip now to i have been washing his face with hamiltons bath oil ( the same stuff i put in his bath) and just dabbing sorbolene on his nose since it dried out it looks much better