Thread: rash on vagina

Default rash on vagina

Nina has a rash, just on the flaps of her vagina. We were initially using the zinc cream which we've used when she's had a nappy rash, but it's been getting worse. It's very red and crinkly, sort of like when your hands go crinkly after being in the bath. (hope that makes sense). Anyone know what sort of treatment, or what it could be? With the public holiday today chemists won't be open until after midday.

zen2 Guest

Default rash

Sudocrem is really good, I put it on ultra thick. It's expensive ($8/tub?) but clears most stuff up esp. if you leave it on overnight after their bath. Otherwise it might be fungal, try Canisten or generic anti-fungal cream. The creams, sometimes a bit of fresh air (let them roam nappy-free if possible) changing really frequently - always works for me. Good luck!

Jodi has she had any vaccines or antibiotics lately? I found they used to give my DD a rash. The meningococcal vacc especially gave her a bad rash that lookes a little like thrush. She had to have prescription cream to clear it up.

She hasn't had her vaccines for about 2 months now, but has just come off antibiotics for her ear infection on Monday, which is when the rash started appearing.
    I might head to the chemist once they're open and see what over-the-counter stuff they have.

Yeh ive used that papaw cream on Jesse's slober rash and its gone. It was there for 2 weeks prior.. some chemists will be open (they usually open after 11), try the ones near the medical centres.. otherwise just nappy free time if poss.

yeah we're giving her nappy free time as much as possible. It does sound like thrush I think. Can you get stuff over the counter for thrush? The chemist which I like to go to here opens after midday today, so I'll wait till they're open.

Yeah sounds like thrush especially as she has been on antibiotics..poor love ..I hope it clears up very soon!.

mumof2beauties Guest

You can get Canasten cream over the counter...will clear it up real quick...I use it often for any sign of rash in that area

Hydrozole is awesome stuff... especially if it is fungal. It is over the counter, just need to ask for it.

We had some canasten cream already at home here, so we're using that at the moment, and already it's starting to clear up.

jodi savanna has had this before and she has it at the moment too.
    last time i took her to the doctors i was told it could just be from her urine.
    maybe something she has drank or eaten which comes out in her urine could be reacting with her skin down there. savanna was given a prescription which cleared it up quickly. ive packed it away when we moved house and now i dont know where it is lol
    gotta look for it tomorrow. it must be sore cause she keeps trying to grab at it and rub it when i take her nappy off poor bub
    oh i think it maybe called hydrozole actually

sounds like the same thing. Mum thought it might be from some new foods. She's recently had new fruit. Nina doesn't seem too bothered by it, but when her nappy is off, she does pull at it a lot. It seems to be clearing with the cream, but if it gets worse then I'll take her to the dr.

Ambz, it probably was Hydrozole... what both you and Jodi describe is a lot like what Xander had. Well, not exactly due to fact he is a boy, but you know what I mean.
    I found that the rash would clear with normal creams, but then reappear as soon as I stopped. The Hydrozole cleared it up for good and was recommended by my doctor as it a broad spectrum cream.