Thread: Raw Chicken - HELP!

Default Raw Chicken - HELP!

Ok girls ..this is really embaressing but I am so worried I have to air my stupidity.

I was just cooking some Chicken soup as Kaitlyn and i have the flu. And she was waking and things where boiling and it was all a bit crazy. Anyway ..get to the point!. I picked the raw chicken up with the tip of the knife and put it in the water to boil and cook , then I ran to settle Kaitlyn , came back and cut the carrots with the knife and put them in the pot. Then she stirred and i had to get her up so I let the chicken soup cook away. Then it was finished so I took the chicken out and cut it with the knife that I had used the tip for picking up the raw chicken and fed it to her!. Arghhhh I have never ever not washed a knife after using it on meat why this time!.

Just needed some reassuring words or advise as according to websites food poisoning is life threatening to a baby so I am panicked about it of course!.

Has anyone done this and all has been ok ....help!

I am sure she will be fine...
    If the meat was still fresh & the cooked chicken was well cooked then I think it will be OK...

If she starts to look unwell or starts vomiting go to hospital & keep her fluids up, coz I'd guess it can be life threatening due to dehydration...

Relax, I bet there'll be no prob!

I agree with Tracey... you'd have to be very unlucky to have a problem. (And just think about all the other worse things they put in their mouths that don't affect them... *shudders - thinking of time DD coughed up half a big fat furry flying ****roach*

ooooohhhh Christine, that made my stomach roll!! Better out than in though

Thanks so much girls! So far so good. She demolished her dinner is now sleeping so I think we will be ok here!.

Such a worry though ...I will learn from this mistake mark my word!