Thread: Red Spots

Default Red Spots

Just a quick question, I noticed today that Abby had 2 red spots on her face. They look like pimples... then later on in the afternoon i found one on her butt and another one on her face. she also has one or two red marks on her face (this is what i noteiced before the first ones became the pimples)

Just wondering if its normal for her to break out in pimples or if it might be the start of chicken pox or something... I feel sooooo stupid asking this.

any info would be good!

TIA
    xx em

pebbles2820 Guest

Smile

yes babies get 'milk spots' that are similar to pimples. There are also numerous minor viruses that mimic chicken pox and measles, most of these are fairly harmless and may cause a slight temp. and a bit of discomfort but are usually over in 24hrs. If it seems to spread then see the doc because it's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck and don't ever think you're stupid for showing concern for your little one.

Em, you shouldn't feel stupid. When DD was little she broke out in spots on her chest and a couple on her face i think?

The Dr asked me if she had eaten anything new that day or if she had eaten strawberries (which she had, but had also eaten them plenty of times before)
    He put it down to either the strawberries or something else that was new in her diet and she was just having a mild reaction to it.

What about a heat rash/spots?

Hope it isn't chicken pox.

Nic

thanks for the replies...

she hasnt got any more over night and seems fine otherwise.... so maybe shes just having a break out... poor little thing!

That's good news Em!

Nic

pebbles2820 Guest

Smile

I'm glad it doesn't seem to be anything serious.

thanks everyone.... tho i found a new one on her head when she was in the bath