Thread: rest=sleep?

Exclamation rest=sleep?

yesterdat sophie had one sleep of an hour from 11.10-12.10, we have onlt benn having 40 mins so an hour is good!! put her down again in the arvo but from 3.30-4.30 she jsut talked in her cot etc.. which was fine as i got my break as well!!

so the question is, is a rest almost as good as a sleep?

she usually has 2x40 mins a day, one sleep wasnt working, i find if i worry too much about day sleeps i get very frustrated, anxious, angry, all things i wish ot avoid

any opinions!

curl Guest

Its very frustrating worrying about our children getting enough sleep. Both my girls started to reduce the amount time of day sleeps at about 12 months of age. Some days they would have two sleeps lasting for about an hour each and then they dropped a sleep in the morning and would have one from lunchtime (usually after doing a poo, great timing!) for about 2 hours. Some days now my youngest doesn't have a sleep at all and she gets cranky and it rubs on me as a result. Just play it by ear. A rest is sometimes all that is needed. Do you also find that sometimes a 5 minute catnap in the car replenishes her energy levels?

Worrying about sleep can really do your head in can't it?! I think that rest is almost as good as sleep and I think it is good for mum too! Even if it just gives you a break to do something for yourself for an hour.

Your DD is getting to the age where she will drop one sleep soon (hopefully not too soon!) so just let her do what she is doing. You will know when it is the right time to go down to one sleep, it just kind of happens. My DS1 was 18 months old when he went down to one nap, the transition was painful at first because he was so cranky around dinner time, but eventually he started sleeping a bit longer for his one nap and he coped better by the evening.

Don't let it stress you out, you are doing everything right

thanks lovies!! i had a thread not long ago about her day sleeps! the morning sleep is slowly getting longer so yes iam hoping that will turn into a long one!! but not holding my breath!
    yes i get very stressed over her day sleeps, though i know i shouldnt worry she sleeps well at night and if she only has one sleep then she's generally in bed by 6.30pm

Sounds like everything is going really well! Time for you to relax and enjoy it

Back in the pre baby days of insomnia I remember a doctor telling me that resting was the next best thing, so I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds like things are chugging along well!

I consider a rest ok. Ash at the moment will some days decide not to sleep at all, I still put her down and leave her to rest. Yes she is a little crankier in the evening but a rest is better than nothing, I think at least she is having time out from stimulation can wind down for hour or so before she gets up again.

When my first born was 2 years old she wouldnt sleep at all in the day - just chat away in her cot. I called tresilian and the lady said the same - rest is as good as a sleep. Even now, she is 4 years old, she still has rest time - whether that be watching a good ole DVD , reading (or rather looking) at books on her bed, or just sitting on lounge with her mumma - its as good as a sleep i say.....