Thread: Rolling Over ???

Fruitwood Guest

Default Rolling Over ???

Hi, my daughter isn't showing any interest in rolling over at all. We've been putting her on the floor as much as possible and even rolling her over ourselves but she won't even try when we aren't pushing her. I was wondering if maybe we are doing something wrong. Should she be on her back learning to roll or on her tummy ? Which position are babies usually in when they start trying to roll ? Our baby is 5 months old and all the other babies from our mothers group who are younger are already rolling, so it's starting to bother me a bit when the other mothers ask why livvy isn't rolling over yet.

Thanks for the help
    Sharon

Livvy will roll when she is good and ready! LOL. There is no time frame for things like this to start happening. Lindsay was only just roling at five months too and I never worried about it. But the girls were doing all of it much earlier. I remember when Erin was born, another playgroup Mum had a little girl three weeks older and she got worried when Erin was crawling at nearly 5 months and her little one hadn't started to roll yet.

Milestones are reached at different times for different babies and unless you think there is something phsyically wrong with her, then try not to worry, she will do it in her own time. She is probably just happy to lay still and watch everyone.

hi there

my lazy 6month old decided that rolling is boring and life is so much more exciting being carried around - the cheeky monkey rolled everyday for a week back in May and then STOPPED!! - now he'd rather whinge then roll - go figure....

I'm a little worried but the more I think about it the more I know that he is just lazy - cheeky also

mizzsocial Guest

I remember feeling that way with my son.. he didnt properly roll till 5.5 months old.. i was so stressed, coz i always felt like he was a little behind.. Dont worry she will roll over before you know it...

Coco has only just started rolling constantly and she is 7 and a half months. She only rolled occassionally before that!! She's also not sitting or crawling. i am quite relieved at the moment. They will all develop in their own time. Dh and I like to think she's developing her brain first!! She talks alot! xo

Mackenzie didn't roll until about 7-8 months (from memory), she never crawled and walked at 13 months. She hated her stomoch and when we had her 12 month checkup wouldn't roll for the MCHN which worried her but not me! Rolling was how she got to the things she wanted until she walked which was very funny when she rolled a million miles an hour! They are all different and please don't compare to others in mothers group, it will only make you stress and worry.

Fruitwood Guest

Thankyou so much for all your replies. I feel much better now, lol. It's amazing the things I find to stress about after being at the mothers group, lol. My daughter is a real chatterbox too, so I loved what you said webbmeg about them developing their brains first, lol. Thanks alot for the support.

Best Wishes
    Sharon

hey there

Brodie is Mr Haveachat also - we've been getting Mumma for months now and Dadda for the last 2 or so weeks and he even recognises the bottle and refers to it as Um Um - the noise i make to him when trying to feed him solids - funny little boy - he's got his priorities right if you ask me

Sal Guest

Sharon, also don't listen to the MCHNs if they hassle you! Miles had his 6m check-up, but timing was that he was only 5m1w. Well he hates being on his tummy, so will roll front to back the second he is put there. I taught him how to roll front to back LOL. He won't roll back to front, because he hates being on his tummy! The MCHN was talking about me having to take him to physio, which stressed me. But now I just see that he doesn't see the point of being on his tummy. He'd rather sit and stand.

I'm with you and Meg, our bubs are growing their brains first LOL

Fire Fly Guest

Im glad you brought this subject up. My DS is 6 1/2 months and has half rolled once. He also hates being on his back so i tend not to put him there. DD was much more advanced with milestones.
    My clinic nurse is worried about everything that isnt text book and wants to assess him in 6 weeks and if still no results then she wants to send me off to Physio. I call her the referral freak. Lol. Glad im not a first time mother other wise id think there was something wrong.

All babies develope at there own time like the other girls have said. Try not to stress and just enjoy your little one while she is still young. They grow so fast so dont try to speed the process up iykwim.

I would not worry to much ..she may not be a big roller. Kaitlyn used to roll from back to tummy (mostly on accident!)but only every rolled back to her back about 3 times!!. Now she is crawling and sitting she does not have to much need for it hehe..she just gets up in to a sitting position!. I think all our bubbas are just different.

Cass