Thread: rolling over

Default rolling over

what comes first? rolling from tummy to back or from back to tummy and when is the average age for this to happen?

I think from tummy to back comes first... Xander has only recently started doing this, at 11 weeks.

I think it depends on the bub! Emerson was tummy to back because he hated tummy time LOL. But I've heard of other bubs going back to stomach first (though not as common as tummy to back I must admit). I remember being awfully excited when it happened! I think he was very early - 5 or 6 weeks from memory!

Fraser Guest

Charlie rolls from his back onto his side - hasn't quite worked out how to get over his shoudler yet.

When he's on his tummy he's not at all interested in rolling over - which I thought was strange - it would be so much easier....

Nina is doing back to tummy, hates tummy time so doesn't even try it.

Milo did back to tummy first, because he didn't really like tummy time.
    I don't remember how early he did it, but I knw he didn't roll from front to back until 5 months, maybe a bit later than that.

It really does differ greatly from baby to baby

Fee Guest

I believe going tummy to back usually happens first.

Cooper is nearly 4 months old and has rolled from tummy to back just once. He was 3 months 1 week old. I'm waiting for him to do it again!

As for going back to tummy ... he's only rolling back to side at the moment. He does that a lot though.

Olivia never did either......we had to teach her how to do it when she was 11 months!!

Charlie did from his back onto his tummy at around 4 months....quite late