Thread: rolling over in sleep

maggie Guest

Default rolling over in sleep

Hi

DS(15weeks) is beginning to roll over from his back to his front, this terrifies me because of Sids..

Does anyone else have babies who are rolling over, and if so what are they doing,,,

Does he like to be wrapped? Someone told me it's harder for them to roll if their wrapped. Our DS doesn't like being wrapped anymore (4 months) so we use a grobag sleeping bag. He hasn't rolled over in it yet. I'm assuming it doesn't really stop them though because they still have enough room to swing their legs around. Soory - not much help.

maggie Guest

he can also roll if he is wrapped which is frustrating.,. day sleeps i wrap him, at night he is in a sleeping bag.

Sounds tricky. Does he have a dummy? We actually put our DS to sleep on his tummy during the day (he won't settle otherwise) and the dummy gives a bit of space between his face and the mattress. It's a hard one. If he has good head control and can lift his head, I wouldn't worry too much. OUr paed said it was ok to let him settle on his tummy now but we have been doing it for awhile so he will go to sleep in the day. Hope you can find a solution.

there is a special way to wrap so that if they roll, they should stop on their side and not roll to thier tummy.

I am not sure, it involves where the babys arms are positioned, someone migh know, or your child health nurse.

Matilda started rolling at 10 weeks... and I was told to unwrap her arms & let her go.

Oh it must be so hard not to worry about that!

How about one of those supports they lie on? It's kinda shaped like a skateboard halfpipe (bad description I know, sorry) and I wonder if the ridges on the sides would stop your bubba from rolling?
    Just til you're sure he's strong enough to move himself out of a tricky position maybe?

All the best, hope you find something that sets your mind at ease

We went through this not long ago, we were still wrapping Tori at the time so I just stopped wrapping her at night and left her too it, was just to hard to stop her. You can buy special wedges to go into cots some are triangular shaped and you can also got round cylinder shaped things, maybe they would help?

Fee Guest

I worried at first but now I just live with it. Cooper rolls constantly in his sleep. You can't keep him in any particular position.

He seems to prefer sleeping on his tummy now.

Just keep the cot sheet firm and tight and make sure there are no toys or loose blankets in the cot.