Thread: Runny Nose!!!!

Red face Runny Nose!!!!

Hello lovely ladies

My 13 month old son has abit of a cold. Well more of a runny nose. I cant seem to dry it up. Could some of you please give me some advice as its driving me nutts. Hate kiddies with runny Noses.

Thanks

I usually don't use anything but maybe some panadol if it is bothering them.. There is a product called Fess noses which has a sucker thing so you can pull it all out. Gross I know but it works.. I got mine from the chemist for around $12. It comes with saline in a dropper to soften it but I haven't used that as it is usually runny kwim?

HYes I have that but he hates it. He has only been sick twice in 13 months and only with colds. I used that last time and it worked but it was so hard doing it at he screamed and carried on. He is alot older and it will be so hard doing it. I guess I will try it but was hoping there was some thing else I could do before that.....

Thanks so much!!i Nic

Missy, we are in the same boat!! Coco hasn't been sick for ages, so it's stressing me out. She has runny nose as of this morn, and has coughed a couple of times. Im not good at the sickness thing!
    Anyway, I will prob go to the chemist and get some medicine to dry the nose. Does something like dimetap do that? I am not much use. I would just suggest the nose sucker thingy, but if he doesn't like it ask the chemist for something to dry the nose. Hope he's better soon. Hope we dont' get it! I am definitely getting a flu shot this year!!!! xoxo

Awww Meg im sorry Cocco is in the same boat. Its just such a pain. Callum only seems to have this (tape Nose) that just wont turn off...lol.

Ive given him Pan, but night have to get some dem/dimetap but just didnt want to do that as he doesnt reallly seem sick. He had abit of a cough and sneezing abit but that has gone. I cant stand it Meg. It just looks yuckkkkyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Will try the gunk sucker thingy and see how that goes.
    Thanks Meg hun and hope you have some luck with Cocco too.

bye

I use a polar fleece square to wip noses and I find it works brilliantly. The snot sticks to the fleece, and its veyr gentle on their noses.
    We usually let the snots run during the day, and use dimetapp at night if its preventing her breathing easily.
    Better to let it run if you can.... Its ugly, but its getting rid of everything is supposed to!

NewmumLou Guest

Dimetapp works a charm!

How did you go?

Jodie259 Guest

My 9 month old has a runny nose too!
    I asked some friends over the weekend and they all said I should just let it go as it builds up his immune system.
    It's not too bad... just the nose. No coughing or any other cold symptoms.

I like the idea of the flannel.... might keep one of those handy for the next few days!

DD is a snotbag too atm!Pharmacist said just to let it run was the best and if it's just clear (ie not yellow or green) then it's not actually contagious. Makes a nice mess though I agree!

Hi all

I ended up going to the doc as I couldnt stand it anymore and doc gave us meds. So hope it works and he will be back to his old self.

Thanks all