Thread: The runs coupled with very bad nappy rash!

Default The runs coupled with very bad nappy rash!

Hi All ,

This is the third day that Kaitlyn has had the runs. She is filling about 2-3 nappies a day . She is still eating and drinking and in good spirits. To top this off the poor thing has developed a very bad all over red rash which almost looks like a burn all on the skin of her front and back bum...mostly the front as I guess the skin is more sensitive there.

I have been changing her nappy and applying lots and lots of cream to try and help it heal but it is still not. Also have moved her onto very bland foods which is still not really helping.

Do you think I am best to take her off to the DRs re the runs and also the rash? . She has cut two teeth in the last two weeks so I thought that may be it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx
    Cass

Hi Cass - poor little bubba Have you tried giving her heaps of nappy free time? (could be a bit messy with the runs and all 8-[ ) But airing it usually helps. You could also try changing creams and see if that helps?

I don't know if Kaitlyn's is teeth related or not, but my DD used to get a bad rash (and the runs) with both teething and immunisation.

Good luck.

this is definantly a side effect of teething,hope she feels better soon
    nikki

Kynan had about 3.5 weeks of diarrhoea when his 2nd tooth came through (up to 4-5 dirty nappies a day!!). It's the only time he's ever had nappy rash. I found using chamomile tea wipes helped as well as slathering him in Botty Butter (Beauty & the Bees). In the end though the rash only completely went away when the diarrhoea stopped.

Thanks so much girls! I really appreciate all your advice and also just knowing that someone else is going through the same thing Kate.

We have had lots of nappy off time today and plenty of Paw Paw cream and it looks like it may be a little better. So fingers crossed we have no dirty nappy tonight so it really has time to start healing.

Thanks for the Chamomile tea Angel. I have been soaking a face washed in Sorbelene cream and water and using that. Tomorrow I will do the same but with chamomile tea.

Cass

T had the same thing a few months ago now my doctor is a firm beleiver in "teething causes nothing but teeth" :-k but i am sure that is what it was
    anyway .... he told me T had Toddler diharrea he said there was no cause or cure but yeah i had to restrict his diet to very bland foods for a few days ... he said lots of barrier cream like pawpaw or zink and castor or whatever but in the end i found plain cornflour sticking a whole heap of it in his nappy was the best thing the chamomile is great too

i ended up going to a natural type pharmacy and buying : metagenics Flora Care for kids which is an infant probiotic powder to balance the natural tummy flora

... oh and a bit of bicarb soda in her bath is really good for nappy rash

Thanks so much Kate and Jess!. Sometimes I wonder what I would do without all you BB girls!.

I said to my MG girls the other day that as woman we are all wonderful mummies but combine all our information that we get from each other and we are super mummies!.

Kate I hope Kelseys nappy rash is better in the morning as well . The poor little bubbas.

Cass

Cass - isn't nappy rash just awful. Maggie has had a bad one for a couple of weeks now and it appeared after a sour teething poo. Hers ended up being nappy rash with thrush. I was just treating the rash (before I knew about the thrush) and there was no improvement. Then it was diagnosed as thrush, so I just treated the thrush and it got worse. So I had to resort to using a thrush treatment under a layer of desitin ( a strong rash cream, twice the zinc of sudocrem) 3 times a day and bepanthen during the other changes. It is finally clearing. Also I try to wash her after a poo, rather than using wipes.

Hope everyone else's rashes are clearing.

Hi Kate ,

I am so glad that Kelsey is better today! . Kaitlyns is looking so much better as well. I changed to the paw paw cream and i think that with coupled with a solid poo poo today has meant it has start clearing ..phew!.

I hope this does not happen with every tooth ..arghh .

Cass