Thread: safe foods

justastick Guest

Default safe foods

What foods are safe to feed a 15month old?

Are things like raisins and grapes safe?

My 12 month old now eats sultanas and grapes and hes perfectly fine with them. I think you can try them and see how they go providing that they are used to eating chunky food. Sammy pretty much eats what we eat now...with exceptions like peanut butter and strawberries.

Jo

Jackson has been eating sultannas since about 12 months and he scoffs them down fine!! He is a pretty lazy chewer so with the grapes I started cutting them in half and giving them to him. Like Jo said, it really depends on if they are used to eating pieces of food similar size etc. Just try bubs out and make sure you are ready to fish out the food if they start to gag! (oh, and welcome to BB!!)

My DS is also 15 mo, but there is no way i could give him grapes. He has never been very good with chunky foods. Perhaps you could try to cut them up a little, or at least in half first? Even try some slices of Rockmelon or seedless watermelon. Grated apple and cheese is a good snack too, DS loves it. Good luck

When I introduced sultana's to Miss M (I seems like a life time ago!) I chopped them in half, put them on her breakfast and then softened them up with boiling water. Just an idea if you are worried about them.