Thread: Safe-n-Sound Retractor AHR?

Default Safe-n-Sound Retractor AHR?

Hi, I'm interested in finding out if anyone has the above car seat and what their opinion of it is?
    thanks, Laura

I have the Safe n Sound Platinum AHR and it's awesome!!

is it difficult to use? what kind of car do you have it in?

I have the S&S AHR Meridian retractor, which is in our Astra. It's easy to use (once you read the instructions!), but with the Astra, the car seat angle is too deep so you have to put a rolled up pillow case (or something similar, hand towel perhaps) under the base so it levels out more (which is recommended in the booklet, nothing unsafe). Also, you have to cut a small hole/space in the boot-cover piece (that thing that goes from the back of the seat to the back windscreen - what's it called?!) and have to buy an extension for the strap ($20 from RedCross).
    Hmm, sounds like a lot of work, but all of the above only costs $20 and some time.

I noticed you can order them (brand new ones) online for quite a bit cheaper than the shops....so shop around.

Is this the opne with the speakers???

We have the one with the speakers (only bought that one as it came in the colour we preferred. there is no difference between that one and the lower model besides the speakers). We love it. We used it for Kayla, right from when she was newborn. We have an '04 holden commodore sedan. We had the seat in the middle when it was rearfacing and that was great, but we had to put it behind the passenger seat when we turned it around, because in that position, it would move from side to side in the middle (due to the middle seat not having a dip to hold it in place).

I have this seat (the no speaker version), we use it in both a corolla seca hatch and a commodore station wagon.

We did not need an extension strap, the requirement for this depends on where the anchor point is located in your car.

I love it, but for our next baby I will be hiring a capsule for when s/he is a very small baby, just because its easier to take the whole capsule in and out of the car, and a lot less disturbance for bub. However this is the same for most of the car seats I have seen, not a commont on the SNS AHR in particular.