Thread: Scared of the bath (monster)

tiggy Guest

Default Scared of the bath (monster)

Ivy won't get in the bath anymore
    Ever since one of her sisters pulled the plug and it made a gurgling noise, Ivy screams everytime I put her in the bath. It has become a real struggle over the last few nights to get her to go in. Last night I put her in the shower but got the same reaction.

Any tips on saving my daughter from the bath monster?

We had a real problem with it for a few months. She got to choose bath or shower & always chose shower, but only in the ensuite shower in our room. I think because there is no "bath" part, ykwim?

I started taking baths with Jovie to encourage breastfeeding & next thing I knew Matilda was climbing in with us. So we started having group baths for 2 weeks and then weaned it to Matilda & Jovie baths so they have them together.

I also went out & got bath crayons to help encourage her.

I've never had this problem, infact opposite DS can't get enough of the bath and since he was very young laughs at the bath noise,lol. But I do have an issue with the shower, He used to always have showers but since we moved into this house he won't go near the shower, He puts his arms and legs out so he can't be pushed in and screams like he's being murdered. Any tip on this would be we appreciated as well.

Ellie
    p.s sorry to hijack

Tiff, do you think she would understand a process of getting rid of the monster, like spraying a water bottle to squirt and scare the monster or something like that?

tiggy Guest

My other girls were much older Sherie when we had bath monster issues and I used to pretend to turn on a monster force field to protect our house from bath monsters and cupboard monsters...under the bed monsters...anyway, you get the picture. I tried that with Ivy tonight and I swear that child sneered at me... and then proceeded to scream down the house because she was put in the bath! LOL. Bloody bath monster.

Will try anti bath monster spray tomorrow night.

LOL at the sneer Tiff. She is very aware that Ivy girl of yours. I did read an article a while back about the bath monster and I can't for the life of me think what they did to 'rid' of it, but the child was older anyway.

Have you tried heaps and heaps of bubbles in the bath - it might distract her for long enough to get her in, wash her and get her out.

tiggy Guest

We have bubbles but will try anything. I don't want the town stinky child!! LOL.

What about those coloured bath bombs? I think crayola make them and you can find them near the bath crayons in toys'r'us, target etc.
    Maybe if you chuck a few in at bath time the colours might distract her - they fizz a bit too.

Sorry Tiff, no idea how to help you with that one

But i have to admit i am scared of the sound of water draining out of the plug hole *turns red*

You see, when i was 5 or so, i wanted to know where the water went when it drained out, so i stuck my fingers down to follow it... Of course, with the suctions and pressure, thy got well and truely stuck.. It was dinner time, and i remember saying "mum, i'm stuck in the bath" (her response "if you got in, you can get out"), but when i didn't come to the table, they came to find me.

So first they tried marg & oil to help, but that didn't work, then my dad took off a feew tiles to try and disconnect the plug, which didn't work, so eventually they called the fire brigade who came and smashed the entire bath to pieces (i remember at this time thinking i was going to spend the rest of my life with a bath attached to my hand).. Anyway, but my hand was still stuck to the plug part, so then they had to get a bow saw, wrap it and my hand in ice (as the friction was heating the metal up and burning my hand), and saw it open (my right up to the end of my fingers.. i was convinced they were going to chop my fingers off.. the photos and freaky to... speaking of that, what kind of parents take photos at at time like this??)

But eventually i got out, got to wear a firemans hat (oh, and channel 7 turned up, but my parents sent them away)... Most exciting thing that happened in our house for a while.. and then the insurance wouldn't cover it as they said the bath was smashed on purpose! But since then, i really don't like the sound of the bath water draining, and normally leave it for DH, or take it out and leave the room

I mean, i could listen to it if i have to, but it makes my spine tingle!

Now they changed the design of plugs so kids can't get their fingers stuck down there.. but be careful with plug holes with older style baths..

Anyway, irrelevant story... but i hope Ivy gets over it soon..