Thread: Scrambled Egg

Default Scrambled Egg

Hi, DD is nearly 10 months old and I just wanted to know if it is okay to try giving her egg. I thought I might try giving her some scrambled egg but is it safe to give her egg at her age?

I'm not sure about the age, but I know it's recommended to try the whites and yolks separately, as some kids can be allergic to one and not the other.

My understanding is that egg yolks are okay from 9 months, but definately wait until 12 months before using egg whites, as it's the white that causes allergy problems.

As the girls have said......my DD is 10 months too - im just going to wait till after 12 months like i have with my other 2.

Janno is spot on. 9 months for yolk, 12 months for egg white.

What is the reasoning behind certain ages for certain foods?

Does the baby have chemicals/immunity/enzymes/?? better able to cope with the egg white at 12 months that aren't present at 12 months?

Thanks,

K

I waited until 12 months to give eggs.

Just do it slowly... the first time blake had a "meal" of scrambled eggies he woke up in the middle of the night with vomit all over him and all through his cot poor munchkin.
    But has been fine with them since. In fact its his favourite (and easy!!!) breakfast meal now.

Hi Girls, thanks very much for your replies. I shall wait til 12 months then.

i actually waited til 15 months due to DD having a reaction to the MMR whcih is quiet normal, but seen as part of it contains chichen embryo we decided to leave it longert incase it was the egg side of it!! shes fine and yes they make an easy and quick meal!!
    my only suggestion would be to do it for brekky or lunch so if something happens your DR etc.. is open!!