Thread: Scratching/patting back of head

Default Scratching/patting back of head

Hi!

Does anyone elses bubs reach behind their ears?? I have found scratches on Louis head behind his ears in the middle of his head and he reaches behind quite often and holds his head with a grizzle.

I'm thinking it may just be a tired sign but otherwise I might take him to the dr just to doubley make sure its nothing more.

Otherwise maybe a teething thing??? No sign of a toothy peg yet but I'm not looking forward to it if he's so unsetled/grizzly now!!!

Thanks

Matilda does that when she is tired, and has had bloody scratches from it too. BUT she has done it with ear infections as well, where she has pulled her ears and scratched behind them.... If any other signs like a temp come along I would see the doctor definately.

Evan does that when he is tired too.

Maggie does the same, it seems to be when she is very overtired and trying to get to sleep. I only worry if she seems more grumpy than usual with it.

layla Guest

Sarah has started doing this too, I think she'll be a hair twirler when she gets some!!!

When I am feeding Emma she claws at her face and pulls her hair. She has given herself scratches too.

Thanks so much for your replies!!!

One less thing to worry about...hehe.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yep Jonah does it too and pulls his hair, silly monkey.

Alex used to do it and the doctor told me it's to do with teething even if you see no teeth coming and since Alex got his first tooth he has stopped doing it.

T used to scratch the back of his head badly he also scratched his bottom and thighs as soon as we took his nappy off sometimes it looked so painfull we started using hamiltons bath oil in his bath every day and he has stopped scratching now ... im not sure if it was because of his skin being dry or maybe just because he grew out of it ... but yeah someone on another forum sugested that itr might have just been when he got too warm so i made a point of keeping his clothing light and bathing him when it was warm i think this helped us

Hi - I have a scratcher too - also when he's tired - also, with Alexs' forehead, the health nurse said he might have eczema (bad spel) and that he scratches at it because it is itchy. I've been putting sorbelene on his head and it's cleared up fine.

I trim alexs nails every second day but he still does it.

barbie-up I fully reccomend the hamiltons or QV bath oil it is really good for dry skin and it mixes into the water so it isnt greasy

Hi - thanks for that - I think they used some hamiltons product in his bath when i was in hospital.

I never had any problem with johnsons products with Cait but they seem to dry out Alexs' skin.