Thread: Second One

Default Second One

Hi all. Well, I am 18 (19 in June) and my partner is 25 this year. We currently have a son that is 8 and a half months old. I have been planning to go to uni when Jacob starts primary school, but this will then mean he will not be having any siblings until he like ten or so. Lately I hvae been thinking a lot about starting to try for a second one around Jacob's birthday and then putting off uni for an extra year or two. That way my children will grow up together and I won't be stopping in the middle of uni or work to have another baby. The only problem is that I do not think my family will approve. My mum will support me no matter what I choose to do, but all my relatives thought I was an idiot for having my son in the first place and are constantly trying to push me to go backl to school or to uni now. My partner is keen to have another baby too, as long as we are happy. Just wondering if other people could share their thoughts with me please!!!

Also, has anyone tried to concieve after having an implanon implant removed and how long did it take you???

Like your partner has said, do what makes YOU happy! It is your life, not theirs! If they dont approve then it is their stress not yours! I know how you feel though, i dont like anyone being upset with me, but at the end of the day will you be happy with them making the choices for you?
    Are you able to do both at all.. like do Uni part time? One day or evening a week or something? Then if you have a second bubs you can express and your partner can feed of an evening while youre at uni that night? I know its a big decision to make, but that decision is soley yours and your partners, dont let anyone else pursuade you on the choices of YOUR life.

Best of luck

Only you know what is right for you. For me, having two close together has been wonderful and I think it's great having siblings close together. But my situation is different to yours. However, if you want it and can manage it financially I say go for it. I know a few people who have studied with a bub and managed it, although it would be a lot of work. One girl in one of my courses many years ago was due to have her third bub 2 days after exams finished! Or alternatively you can start your studying later, whatever suits you.

Hi There,

You have to do what you want, When I had Madison I was 21, and I got coments from my MIL, but that DID NOT stop us having Charlotte, and now I am looking at going to uni, hopefully via Distance edu, but otherwise I will put it off for a little while.
    Its great having children growing up together, and watching them play.