Thread: Separate POO and SLEEP questions

Default Separate POO and SLEEP questions

HI - Alex (almost seven months) has taken to starting his overnight sleep from 4.30/5pm at night to 4.30/5am in the morning. I am more than happy with the length of sleep, but was wondering if I woke him at say, 10pm for a bottle, would he sleep a bit longer in the morning ?

What time patterns have mums here got (or are trying) to get their babies into ?

ALSO - he goes red in the face when he's doing a poo - is there a prefered way to hold them or let them lie down to ease this ? He goes almost every day and they are firm, not too hard and his red face only lasts a few seconds. When would you give him something to make it easier ? I am bit reluctant to give him something for it in case he doesn't really need it and it goes the other way.

Thanks,

Wow that's a fantastic overnight sleep! 12 hours is awesome. I don't know if you'd be able to get him to sleep longer that that! I wouldn't be waking him up for a bottle if he's happy to skip it - you might find it disrupts the great sleeping that he's been doing! If you'd really prefer him to not wake up until later in the morning though perhaps you could try putting him down at night later... maybe stretch him out by 10mins each night over a week or so?

Kynan goes a bit red in the face and does a bit of grunting when he does a poo too. All normal I think LOL!

Hi - thanks for that - we have no sleep days here too - like today. Usually he is happy to go down, but not today !

Milo is now usually going to sleep between 7-8 and waking between 6-7

His day sleeping was non-existent, but now he will usually have 2 sleeps per day with at least one normally over 1 hour long.

No advice on the poo, sorry, except that chammomile tea in the bath water may help if he is a bit constipated.