Thread: Sewing with a clingy bub

Default Sewing with a clingy bub

Any tips on how to get some sewing done (on the machine and by hand) when you have a clingy bub around?

Poor Maggie gets so upset by the sound of the sewing machine, but I really have to get some sewing done. Also it can get a bit dangerous as she tries to stand on the peddles.

Also cutting out is a pain, as I don't have a dining table, so I have to cut out on the floor. She thinks the scissors are great things to go for and the tailors chalk is good to chew on.

Can you give her something to distract her while you are doing it? Like putting her in a high chair and giving her something to nibble on?

Sleep time is when I get my sewing done. Unfortunately it's not longer enough!
    Do you have a play pen?

For the noise side of things - have you tried having music on fairly loud? Kynan freaks at the sound of loud things like the blender so every time I use it I have to turn music on to disguise the sound a bit and I also make the sound of the blender or whatever myself to try and make it funny for him.

Well, I have been lucky, she went down for a nap about 12 and she is still down (amazing) So I got a heap done, now it is mainly for the hand sewing (lots of). I kept the music on loudish and I sewed in another room, and she slept through it. I think I will be hand sewing at midnight though, I have to get it done by tomorrow. I am just lucky what I am sewing is does not have to fit perfectly.

Thanks for the tips so far.