Thread: Shaking...

Question Shaking...

Has anyone else experienced their babies shaking? My 4 month old shakes every 2nd bottle she has, while she is drinking it she just starts shaking, her hands go and her head goes. It;s not little shakes either you can see her shaking from across the room. When she does this I take the bottle out of her mouth and she stops shaking and then starts screaming for her bottle, so I give her, her bottle back and after about 30 seconds the shaking starts again.
    This never happened with my DS so I'm a bit worried about it. DP thinks that maybe she is just really enjoying her bottle but I can't help but think that something is wrong.
    Anyone with any info at all would be much appreciated. Thank-you in advance.

Ellie

Olivia Guest

My little sister used to shake when she ate, and before ...she was just really excited...none of us ever did it just her, and it was from when she was really little ...and she's fine ...really tall though ( maybe she needed the food ).

Your DH may be right, but were it me I would get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

Fee Guest

Cooper has done this a few times when BFing - it's when he's drifting off to sleep on the boob. I've heard of it happening to other bubs. I didn't bother getting it checked out as it only happened a few times. Not sure what it was though...

Thank-you for your replies. I think I might get it checked out just in case. My SIL said it might be excitement too, better to be safe then sorry I guess.

ELlie

Tori does a little shake when she is doing a wee, at first I didnt know what she was doing and was quite concerned, but then my mum said to me that it was probably because she was doing a wee. I confirmed this when I had her nappy off on the change table one day and she did a wee and a wiggle!

Wow, it sounds fascinating.
    Natalie's jaw shakes when she's feeding and she's getting sleepy. The eyes droop and the jaw shakes for a second, then keeps sucking. But it's just the jaw.