Thread: Shoes

Love My Baby Guest

Default Shoes

Just wondering what shoes are best for baby to wear when they start walking?

When my niece was younger my mum mentioned that the softer shoes are better for when they start walking so they can get the grasp of walking without wearing chunky shoes.

But my SIL's daughter will be walking soon and she seems to think that the 'pre-walkers' (soft sole) are no good for when they start walking??

To me, it makes more sense to wear the soft sole so they can get the grasp of things then move on to the thick sole.. But what is right? It also makes sense that they need the support of the thick sole.

So, for when they start walking do they need 'pre-walkers' or 'walkers'? (seems pretty obvious doesn't it ).

Robeez are great when they start walking, just gogle them. They are leather & soft soled so are great for learning in. It's best to leave bub in bare feet as much as possible when they start walking, but when they need shoes soft soles are definately the way to go until they are a bit more steady.

I always loved the Robeez shoes for Aidyn.
    I would definately recommend soft soled shoes for when they're learning to walk, so they learn to balance correctly, and dont have to figure out how to step with the extra weight and chunkyness of some of those hard-soled shoes.
    For outdoors walking though we always had shoes that had firmer soles, but still with some flexibility too.

Love My Baby Guest

Ok, I already tried to explain to my SIL the other day that I thought it would be better to learn in soft sole shoes, and she said 'oh ok, I thought because they were 'pre-walkers' that I should put her in 'walkers' for when she walks'. So what do I say to her now without sounding like a know it all .

Just tell her you read on the net that soft soled are easier for bub to walk in

Love My Baby Guest

Thanks Sarah .