Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoes for baby

Default Shoes for baby

I have an 11 months old DD was just wondering what size shoe she might take and do shoes do more harm then good. I have heard that you can interfere with them learning to walk correctly if they wear shoes to early. I was just wanting to buy her a pair of shoes for when we go outside and she wants to stand with me holding her hands. So far she has just been in socks but I am noticing the socks are getting very dirty and they don't protect her feet from stones ect.

Lachlan is 14mths old and is in about a size 3 or 4 with shoes. I only put them on if he is outside, don't bother inside he just wears socks cause he is also trying to learn to walk.

Love

Default reply

Sweetie, I always just had Nyah(3) in socks always of course unless outside ,but if concerned, get them fitted at David Jones, they are so good, then if you want go to Target or K-Mart and get them there, coz they are all pretty much the same?

HTH xx

Thanks guys, I assume they grow out of them quickly?

Yep very quickly Von !! although they do slow down. Kameron is 3.5yrs old and has been in size 6 for quite a while (good year or so)

Love

OMG @ size 11 Jillian !!! I have a friend whos daughter has just turned 3 and is in a size 9. I guess Andrew and I dont have big feet either He is a 9 (adult) and I am a 7 (adult)

Love

katanya Guest

I have some fabulous shoes called robeez..they are soft leather shoes with suede bottoms and perfect for this age (not yet a confident walker and sometimes crawling etc..)

You can look at the online, google robeez and you wont be able to resist they are TOO cute..Felix has the monkey's, and he is a size 12-18 mths..

He has a pair of first tseps by clarks fitted by David Jones, they are a size 5..

8-[ size 11 Jillian that is one big foot- I can relate I am a size 11 women's!..I have a feeling Felix will end up that way once his growth spurt kicks in, he has always had flippers too

Hi All,
    I also got Kayne a pair of soft leather shoes with the suede sole. The brand I have are called 'Shoo Shoos' . You can get them from a online shop. They cost about $30.00. Kayne lives in his as I found that he does not like 'proper' hard sole shoe.
    The Shoo shoos come in various sizes and designs. I think that they are great!

we have some robeez too! Mum sent them out from America...

I had Matilda fitted at the Clarks shoe store when she first started walking for outside use...and she was a size 4! I had three pairs of shoes size three which she never wore because she has big feet. She's borderline size 4-5 now!

I alway get there first shoes fitted and my Mum buys them (a family thing). At the moment Asha has a groovy pair of sneakers that have a soft sole on them that are white with purple strips down the side and a purple heart. Everyone loves them and I bought them at Target! She also has a pair of pink shoes which have a velcro tab on them but she pulls them off!!! and a pair of pibk ballet slippers with roses on them. I can't jsut take her out in socks, she pulls them off. I do put her in tights sometimes but then she tries to pull them off in the shops and screams becasue she can't!!!

Speaking of shoe sizes ... Emma who is 9 1/2 wears a ladies size 7 and Jack who is almost 7 is in a size 3. I can't say too much I take a ladies size 12 (do you have any idea how hard it is to find shoes!!!).

Cheers

Von,

you can get a type of shoe called a 'pre-walker' which is designed as the style suggests for those who aren't yet confidently walking. They usually have a suade sole so the child can still use all their skills to balance and walk normally which still getting a little bit of protection.

Sounds like the Robeez or something similar will do the trick.

Pietta Guest

I got an awesome pair of ugg boot type of things at Target this week with their % off sale. I got them for $7.50 and they have a soft sole and velcro straps.

My goodness Ryley must be a monster coz he is in size 4!!!

My research shows.. LOL... that they dont learn to grab things with their feet properly if they are in shoes. They dont leanr to get a proper grip apparently.

katanya Guest

any idea if shoo shoes are avaliable in australia? they are pretty cute too!

Aidyn has been wearing shoes for about a month now (he is 13 months), but I only put them on him when we are going out, or going for a walk outside.
    My MIL brough back a pair of Combi shoes from Hong Kong which are soft leather, and are supportive around the ankles too.
    Aidyn is in a size 5 (australian sizes) atm, but is likely to grow out of that size very quickly I think!

Thanks ladies,

My SIL gave me a pair of size 5 and they fit her, however she seems to hate having them on they are not soft so I don't know if that is the reason or what. As soon as they are on she will just get them off and I tried to buy some soft ones for her but she just screamed when ever I tried to put them on her. Oh well I guess she is not a shoe girl.

Ikwym Von, Aidyn didn't/doesn't really like his shoes either. I think shoes actually make it harder for them to balance, as when Aidyn is barefoot or just in socks, he will walk 90% of the time, but with his shoes on he loses his balance so much more and wont walk nearly as much. Just something for them to get used to I suppose.
    Though I have to say, it is bloody annoying to go searching all of the aisles at Woolies to find the shoes that he slipped off and dropped out of the pram #-o

Amberdid you end up finding the shoes????

Yep I found them!... eventually... LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast