Thread: Shoes for new walker

Default Shoes for new walker

Just wondering what type of shoes people got their new walker?

MJ is not going to wear them often as i know its better for her in bare feet, however there are times that she needs them and i am after some recommendations

Thanks

I always loved the Clarks pre-walker shoes for them when they were just starting to walk. THey are a bit dearer but the quality is excellent and the sole is firm enough that they can walk around outside if hey have to but soft enough for their little feet.

Yep, we got clarks as well.

we were in Clarkes as kids, so 'pre-walkers' are still ok?

I m not bothered about about price, more concerned about developing little feet properly

yep Clarkes pre-walkers are good for newbies just starting out walking...had them for my older 2 and will probably have them for Jack when the time comes round

i just got DS some i'walks - they are lovely. firm enough for some support but soft enough for his developing feet. he is bare foot or in socks most of the time but wears these when we are at the park etc. i saw them on ecobabe online or they are in heaps of shops

Yep, Clarks here too - for all my girls. I would recommend waiting for a few weeks once they start walking though. Learning to walk then having shoes is no easy task. My DD#3 has just recently started walking.....we waited 3 weeks then went out and purchased her some clarks black patents....my gosh, they are adorable.....

I have some New Zealand brand 'bobux' they are a leather shoe, with just a leather sole, very simple. They advertise them as the next best thing to bare feet (breathable, and they can feel the ground so get used to walking, but still protect them) I have other shoes (sokshu -adorable rubber soled sock shoes) and minature converse sneakers, but find I put her in the leather ones most days.
    She has been wearing them since she started walking just before 12 months, they are so soft now. SHe has a bit of a shoe fetish (real girl!!) and often brings me her shoes first thing in the morning and wants them on!! She wears them everywhere- at the park, daycare, backyard etc). When she grows out of them, I will get her fitted for proper shoes from a shoe shop, with good support etc.

Have fun- there are so many shoes out there to choose from!

Oh, yeah I thought iwalk sounded familiar- they are the next stage up from the bobux leather shoes. (about twice the price brand new) they look great!

Hello,
    I waited until DD was on her feet more before i bought her shoes as i knew good shoes would cost $$.. i went to shoes and sox, which is a store especially for kids. They fit DD with her first pair and gave their recommendations. In the beginning it was only soft leather type shoes with a soft sole. She was in these for about 3 months. We generally go back every 12 weeks as her feet grow and get them to fit the next shoe. DD was born with positional talipes which has been corrected but i dont want to take any chances..even if i am being severly ripped off... plus she has inherited my wide feet so does not fit into alot of styles poor darling.

sj - we are going to go to sox and shoes to get proper shoes for poopy, same as mez said too. they measure and recommend the size and htey have clarks shoes.i did get some very soft leather ones from an online store called absolute tots. they are very comfy and made fully fr very soft leather. it helps poopy getting used to wearing shoes and also protects his feet.

hmmm we let ds walk around with no shoes, because as you said its better for development. BUT when we are outside at the park etc we get him to wear those aqua boating shoes. They are just like having bare feet as they are really flexible, but have a thick soft sole on them so they protect his feet from anything sharp.

But in saying that, i wouldn't let ds wear them out anywhere other than outside at the park or beach because they are a bit daggy. You would probably be better off getting the clarks pre walkers as everyone else suggested, but maybe consider something else for just outside play.