Thread: showering

Default showering

just looking for opinions - when do people think its no longer appropriate (what age?)for daughter to shower with father or son to shower with mother. NOt looking to start any controversy just looking for opinions.

Custardtart Guest

My DH started feeling uncomfortable with it when my oldest girl was five.

Kerrie

My Mum said our Dad (3 girls) started getting uncomfortable when we (all 3 girls squeezed into a rushed shower nightly) would catch the drips off the end of his doodle (?) in a cup & splash it on ourselves!!!!
    He decided then that we should probably bath, I am the middle sister & I think I was around 5ish (I cannot remember it tho!) My older sister would have been 6+ & youngest would have been 3ish!!!

My sister stopped bathing her son & daughter together when it was school holidays after he had just finished a year of prep & sister was 3. As she thought starting grade 1 & still bathing with sister probably wasnt cool!

Melinda Guest

I think perhaps when either of you - be it child or parent - is becoming uncomfortable with it, then it's time to stop.

The boys alternate between wanting to be in there with me and screaming bl**dy murder. I don't care really either way as long as they don't pee on my feet

I still get Maddy to have a quick shower with me some days & she is 7.
    But she doesnt go into bathroom if Dh is in the shower! But he will go into bathroom if she is splashing around in bath etc..

Thanks for your comments - I find it the easiest way to get baths done by having my son in the shower and feel fine with it but a friend of mine couldn't believe i would do it mind you she would only ever consider putting her son in with his father - she is very shy - has issues with people assisting her to do a zip up on her dress or anything that exposes skin that she thinks should be covered.

i dont think it is inappropriate while they are still young children. i think once they start to learn a bit more about bodies and that sort of thing they would get a bit embarassed and i think that would be the time to stop.

i think i would probably be encouraging my children maybe by three or four to start going it alone if they weren't out of it by then. but i dont think there is anything wrong wrong with them being older.