Thread: Silly Question???

Default Silly Question???

Just wondering if it's okay to use talcum powder on babies. I heard once somewhere (can't remember where) that it was not good to use on little girls because it can lead to cervical cancer later in life. Has anyone else heard this? Is it harmful for little boys?

Just to prove its not such a silly question, have a look at a 2 page discussion on this we've had before

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/show...highlight=talc

I was told when i did my child care course not to use powder as it clumps.. but people still use it and must like it. I was give 2 bottles of powder for Jesse but id just prefer to use cream.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 21st, 2007 at 07:55 AM.

i was using powder for the first couple of months til my mum told me that it clumps up and can cause chaffing, so i switched to cream.

Read the link Christy inserted. Talc has been linked to ovarian cancer and also there is a risk with talc or cornflour powder of injury or death from inhalation. I have not used powder on the boys and wouldn't.

I use some on Maddy's arms and legs (behind the joints) occasionally, but keep it well away from her privates & face etc.