Thread: Singing Eater

Default Singing Eater

Just curious to know if anyone else's toddler 'sings' while they eat? Every since i can remember, Lily hums in a sing-song way every time she eats something. Even when drinking a bottle she does it. It's quite funny to watch sometimes, i just have no idea why she does it. I've never seen or heard of a baby/toddler do it before.

No my son did not but a friend of mine's DD made a noise when she ate up until she was about two i think. It sounded really funny, i don't even think she new she did it. I will let her now of your post.

I'm surprised she can sing and swallow at the same time! Tallon just makes snorting noises like a pig scoffing down its food LOL.

Oh, i never thought of her being able to sing and swollow at the same time! I think she does it while chewing and stops to swollow. Maybe she's bored eating, so sings or something lol.

Hi Tegan,

I'm the one that Kas was talking about. My DD basically moaned (sort of sang) whenever she ate from the time she started eating solids at 6 months until around age 2. We always thought it was really funny and the more she liked what she was eating the louder the moaning was. We used to go to playgroup and all the kids would be sitting down for morning tea and there would be silence except for my DD's moaning. Quiet funny. She did seem to grow out of it around 2 I think. I can't really remember her stopping but she definetely doesn't do it now and she's almost 5.

Just take it as a sign that she's enjoying her food.

Pip

Pip - Thanks for that, i'm not alone! My DD is nearly 18 months old, so hopfully she'll grow out of it soon. Every day she seems to be getting louder at it lol.

Kimberley has always made a noise when she is eating something she likes and has also done it when painting and drawing.
    She still does make the noise when she eats but not when she is painting.

I think it is bescause she is enjoying what she is doing.

My DD #3 "sang" whilst she Bf ( up to 18 months) a humming sound as she fed, Dh loved to listen, he has loved to listen to them all feed, as they have all made different sounds, he puts his ear on their head and listens to their noises, funny hey

LOL my DH makes a kind of groaning noise when he eats something he really enjoys. He doesn't even realise he's doing it most of the time, so Lily may not grow out of it and may very well still be singing to herself when she is 35!

My DH makes noises when he eats too! I usually hear it when he eats his cereal in the morning. He's 41, so who knows what Lily will get up to, Tegan!