Thread: Sitting on knees

Default Sitting on knees

DD has been sitting on her knees lately rather then her bum and I was just wondering if this is ok and if it might be hurting her? SHe has worked out how to get there from on her hands and knees, and even if I move her she is soon back on them. SO its not like I can stop her, but if I know it isn't doing damage I won't worry myself IYKWIM
    Thanks for any replies

Will be interesting to hear as this is one of Em's favourite positions as well. I never even considered it could be doing damage.

I didn't think it was either but remembered being told not to sit on my knees, but with them bent out a bit, so almost on your bum IYKWIM with legs in a "w" shape when I was a kid as it would hurt your hips. She sometimes ends up like this. its good to hear that other bubs are doing this though.

One of my nieces used to sit on her knees too, well actually she would be on her bum but with her legs to each side. Actually just as Amanda has said.

She was told by paed's not to allow her to do it as her feet were turning in. Not 100 % of all the details. I will try to find out more and let you girls know.

DS has always been comfortable sitting like that - with feet out knees in, must have something to do with the shape of his hips.
    I have never been able to sit that way myself, but DH can - but DH is also knock-kneed so DS will probably be the same. I try and encourage him to change position these days as I don't think it is very good for his knees.